everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
    Nice haul! I am headed out to Brushy Creek in the morning. Hope I can finally catch something.
    Good luck.

Water was quite stained. Unsure if there was some runoff or just an algae bloom. They were shallower than I expected for 100F and 5:30PM.
    Last edited by howabouttheiris; 07-13-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      Good luck.

Water was quite stained. Unsure if there was some runoff or just an algae bloom. They were shallower that I expected for 100F and 5:30PM.
      What were you catching them on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

to everyone on this thread I will trade an axis buck hunt for a turtle blind or krivoman blind, maybe a hand built blind but must see pics first.

Comment

What were you catching them on?

Dark green flake 4" finesse worms Texas rig, but for me it is really what shade of 'green 4" finesse worm Texas rig' works best. It is my preferred style of bass fishing, so I work toward a solution that matches my style... vs switching to another style.

As always, YMMV.

Comment

Dark green flake 4" finesse worms Texas rig, but for me it is really what shade of 'green 4" finesse worm Texas rig' works best. It is my preferred style of bass fishing, so I work toward a solution that matches my style... vs switching to another style.

As always, YMMV.
            Thanks

Comment

Been off the water for about 3 weeks, due to a slip n fall injury while fly fishing on the San Gabriel. Rain + crocs = rotator cuff tear and deltoid tear.

Finally got back on Brushy Creek Lake Park tonight for a couple hours. Couldn't paddle far, so ended up by the dam. Managed 6 total, with 3 ok bass and one at 19". Just glad to be back on the water. Padre surf this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
              That's awesome. ..your always slayin' it out there..
              Last time I went to the Gabriel by menkins crossing it really made me want a fly rod...what set up you use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                Last time I went to the Gabriel by menkins crossing it really made me want a fly rod...what set up you use
                I have a very inexpensive Crystal River Finalist 8' one piece 6 weight set. Great for walking rivers to fish holes or wading trout streams up north or out of the kayak.

To date, I have managed to just buy flies online... without starting to tie my own. I don't need another hobby.

Bass seem to like woolly buggers and I catch a bunch of panfish on small gnat flies.

Comment

Put my perception on the water and had a couple of great top water days. Had bass killin my ribbit frog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                    Put my perception on the water and had a couple of great top water days. Had bass killin my ribbit frog.

Man those are some cool shots... the underwater one looks like he's looking right into the camera

Comment

Be mindfull of the weather fellas when going out on those long trips... Two "Yakers" stranded on the Pecos thankfully made it out earlier today but it could have been ugly. River flow rate went from 4 cubic meters per second(cms) to 431 cms over night. Be safe and have fun out there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                        Man those are some cool shots... the underwater one looks like he's looking right into the camera

Release videos are always awesome!
                        This is "LGMB release" by Os_brandon on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Didn't make it out this morning. Was beat after getting off work at 6am. Gonna head out around 5 or 6, then going out on a boat tonight with a coworker.

Comment

Well I've come to the conclusion that I suck at bass fishing. Lol, 2 hours on the water and nothing to show for it. Time for some dinner, a couple beers and then headed out on my buddies boat for some night fishing.

Comment

Well I've come to the conclusion that I suck at bass fishing. Lol, 2 hours on the water and nothing to show for it. Time for some dinner, a couple beers and then headed out on my buddies boat for some night fishing.

Need to change your username then...

Don't worry... I suck at it too right now..

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                                Need to change your username then...

Don't worry... I suck at it too right now..
                                Lol, the user name is actually from being a bass player in the Aggie band class of 01. Agbass01

Comment

Working...
                                X