No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JacobTyler that is a very nice yak. Congrats to you on getting a good one. What kind of seat is that? My seat is not helping my old sore back any. Also, do they still have those chain pickerel in Caddo lake? We went there and caught a bunch of those fighting rascals some years back. Very, very fun fish to catch.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      JacobTyler that is a very nice yak. Congrats to you on getting a good one. What kind of seat is that? My seat is not helping my old sore back any. Also, do they still have those chain pickerel in Caddo lake? We went there and caught a bunch of those fighting rascals some years back. Very, very fun fish to catch.

Thanks. Im not sure on what seat it is. Its the one that comes with the slayers. Its made of welded aluminum pipe and the cloth is similar to a textile motorcyle jacket. I really like it cause you can remove it and just use it as chair on the ground. I cant comment to how comfortable it its all day but its really comfortable the times ive used it. Oh yeah love to catch me some pike! I havent caught any in a few years. not really sure what happened to them but if you want to go on a trip to catch all the pike you can go to daingerfield state park. I just read today that they released 300 paddle fish into caddo

Comment

Are yall running fish finders with gps? I cant decide if i want it or not

Comment

Originally posted by JacobTyler View Post
          Are yall running fish finders with gps? I cant decide if i want it or not

I am, but got a good deal on sale unit. I wanted to mark spots and find my way back. Have yet to cover enough ground to need to backtrack and haven't found a spot worth marking. It's a nice to have feature but certainly not a must have for me. Had an HDS 7 on the Kenner and after having the larger screen, the small screen makes God even harder to use for me.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Wylde E View Post
            Does anyone run a side mounted transducer set-up on their kayaks? I'm looking at getting a fish finder and wondering the best way to run it from a kayak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I'm kinda cheap otherwise I would purchased a yak attack down rigger. This works good tho just a electrical conduit brace screwed into track system and a paddle clip to hold the pvc down rigger. Would have just gone through the scupper hole but with side imagine needs to be below the hull. Wrapped tape around the pvc to make it a little wider so the clamps could grip it.

Comment

Thanks. Im not sure on what seat it is. Its the one that comes with the slayers. Its made of welded aluminum pipe and the cloth is similar to a textile motorcyle jacket. I really like it cause you can remove it and just use it as chair on the ground. I cant comment to how comfortable it its all day but its really comfortable the times ive used it. Oh yeah love to catch me some pike! I havent caught any in a few years. not really sure what happened to them but if you want to go on a trip to catch all the pike you can go to daingerfield state park. I just read today that they released 300 paddle fish into caddo
              Daingerfield you say???? Hmmmm....might just have to go there and give it a shot. Those toothy critters are sure fun to catch on light tackle.

Comment

okay guys I'm fixing to buy my first kayak. i am a 6' and about 230. i want a kayak that is stable and has plenty of room for me. i will spend about 600$ on a new one. what brands do y'all recommend

Comment

The perception pescador angler 12 is on sale right now at Academy for $399, normally $550. That would leave you money for paddle and PFD.

I have the 10' and wish I could upgrade to the 12' at that price. Momma said I gotta sell the 10' first though.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/perc...dCatid=1352018

Comment

Originally posted by Setxbowhunter58 View Post
                    okay guys I'm fixing to buy my first kayak. i am a 6' and about 230. i want a kayak that is stable and has plenty of room for me. i will spend about 600$ on a new one. what brands do y'all recommend
                    My son owns the 12 foot pescador from academy. I've paddled fished from it. I'm roughly 6 feet and 210 and probably wouldn't buy that boat for me.

Scupper plugs are a must with that one for sure. It wasn't as stable as I'd like and was a chore to paddle. There's an ascend 128t in the classifieds. 350 lb capacity vs. 250. Wider and 8 inches longer with more options. It's more than your budget though.

The pescador is a decent boat but if you plan on fishin A LOT I think you'd be buying something else soon

Comment

Just went to launch my yak this morning. Got to my spot and realized I left my paddle at home. Turned around for the 1.5hr trip back. Good morning for fishing wasted

Comment

Gone costal that sucks!! I have left my anchor but never paddle now I load everything up in the car the night b 4 and load the yak n the morning

Comment

Originally posted by gonecoastal View Post
                          Just went to launch my yak this morning. Got to my spot and realized I left my paddle at home. Turned around for the 1.5hr trip back. Good morning for fishing wasted

I did the same thing on a duck hunt once. Boy was i mad!

Comment

I did the same thing on a duck hunt once. Boy was i mad!

No kidding. I only had a short time slot to fish in. No fishing for me this weekend. Anyone else get out?

Comment

I got out to chase some bass today in the new kayak. Water was really high and dirty but managed a few.

Comment

Is that stillhouse or belton?

Comment

Working...
                                X