No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refills are easy to find at most retailers and online. $20-30. No idea how hard it is to repack.

Anyone have suggestions for Galveston to fish around lights at night? I assume a canal neighborhood

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Anyone have suggestions for Galveston to fish around lights at night? I assume a canal neighborhood
      I'm making the same trip with the family to Galveston this summer and would like to know as well.

Comment

Looking at doing a 2-3 day river trip with a couple buddies for a bachelor party for my soon to be brother in-law. We're looking at Devil's river or Colorado river. Anyone have any tips/pointers or recommendations on where to go/what to do/outfitter to use?

Comment

Do a search on here for info on the Devils. If this is not enough, shoot me a PM and I can provide some stuff. Great trip!

Our annual group trip is headed to Lake Caddo in late April. I'm open to info on Caddo if anyone has it. I need to keep the trophy here in the office! The trophy started as a joke years ago and is now a prized possession in our group. I gotta keep that Basstard here!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-30 10.03.55.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	24437537
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-30 10.04.08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	24437538
          Last edited by Chad_E; 03-30-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I went to Caddo for first time and I would highly recommend getting the map you buy...it has detailed info for navigation and cell service is hit or miss so the map came in handy.

Comment

Here's a thread I started asking about Caddo.

Comment

Any suggestions on places to fish at night under lights in Galveston? Going in a few weeks and planning to do the family thing during the day, take a nap, and my bro in law and I go out at night to fish. Short paddle and easy launch preferred but not a must.
                Tiki

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                  Tiki
                  Thanks, looks good on google maps. Where to launch?

Comment

Thanks, looks good on google maps. Where to launch?
                    Haven't been in years,mainly fish matagorda at night now you can launch at fat boys..tiki is pretty private and that's the closest public spot I know of there may be something closer now but not too bad of a paddle

Comment

Chad e why did you go to Devils river twice? Because you enjoyed it so much?

Comment

Yes. We enjoyed it that much! Also, the first trip we put in at Bakers Crossing and did 31 miles in 4 days. Really 4 days is more like 3 full days once you factor in put-in and take-out times. Anyway, between low flow, a decent headwind and our preferred relaxed style we didn't feel like we got to fish enough and we're disappointed in our fish count. We vowed to come back and restructure our trip. So the second trip we put in at Del Norte and only did 15 miles in 4 days. Much better trip with much better fishing and a really slow pace. We could easily do more miles than that but you don't exactly have a bunch of options on length of float.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go back there in a couple of years.

Comment

I've been wanting to go check our devils river ever since I saw the daytripper episode. ...good show by the way...
                          If you’re looking for a day trip packed with museums, restaurants, and shopping, then stay away from the Devils River.  However, if you’re looking for an adventure surrounded by nothing but God’s green earth that’s totally off the grid, then a paddling trip down the Devils River might be exactly wha

Comment

She's for sale if anyone is interested

Comment

^^^ Do you have a price?

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                                She's for sale if anyone is interested

I see you are selling that and your boat......you quit fishing?

Comment

Working...
                                X