X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
    [ATTACH]1000063[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1000062[/ATTACH]
    Very nice, That looks awesome.

Quick question, how hard was it getting the TX numbers and title for it?

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
      Very nice, That looks awesome.

Quick question, how hard was it getting the TX numbers and title for it?

Not hard at all... the seller handed me TX stickers good till 8-21.
      Along with title, BOS, and carry card.

Getting it transferred may be an adventure.

Comment

Best to use the TX Parks and Wildlife transfer form as it is a bill of sale in a sense and covers the required info they want. They did not tax me when I registered and titled My Hobie Island and told me no tax on Kayaks and Canoes. But the BOS should still have the purchase price and DATE I would assume? A hand made BOS should work but if missing anything, that can become a nightmare. I am no expert but bought and sold Many boats and Kayaks. It is super easy done right. I needed to title and number the Hobie due to sailing and over 14'. If anything is not perfect in paperwork on any boat or motor I am out as a buyer. And it is timed as well to get done based on BOS date. And be sure title was signed as being sold! Enjoy

Comment

Sold this one. It had to be titled. Got it done but was not easy. Wish never sold but that is how it goes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            I saw where Bass Pro has Ascend brand yaks on sale. Im going pick one up in a few days. Looking at the 10-T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to go a different route and go with a longer tandem. Went with a FeelFree Lire ll so my 5 year old can join. He hasn’t shown much interest in fishing until about a month ago. Since then, he has learned to cast his rod and has actually caught several fish with artificials all on his own. Glad i went this direction. Now i need to rig it out properly.

Comment

Thinking about getting a kayak...

I’ve never really been a big fisherman but my interest has grown in the past two years and now I find myself bank fishing a few spots 2-3 times a week. One being a 40 acre lake.

What are some reasonable kayaks I should be looking into? I’ll most likely be fishing Cooper and Lake Fork. Is it a dumb idea to run jug lines on a kayak?

What else should I look be looking for/know before I dive off into the kayak world?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                Thinking about getting a kayak...

I’ve never really been a big fisherman but my interest has grown in the past two years and now I find myself bank fishing a few spots 2-3 times a week. One being a 40 acre lake.

What are some reasonable kayaks I should be looking into? I’ll most likely be fishing Cooper and Lake Fork. Is it a dumb idea to run jug lines on a kayak?

What else should I look be looking for/know before I dive off into the kayak world?

Budget is everything when it comes to kayaks. Pelican is a very good entry level boat. I recommend nothing shorter than 10' and I prefer 11' or longer, especially for fishing out of. Running jugs isn't out of the question, but if it is really windy that's a lot of paddling chasing them down.

I still have a smoking deal,on a very good Wilderness Systems Ride 135.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Budget is everything when it comes to kayaks. Pelican is a very good entry level boat. I recommend nothing shorter than 10' and I prefer 11' or longer, especially for fishing out of. Running jugs isn't out of the question, but if it is really windy that's a lot of paddling chasing them down.

I still have a smoking deal,on a very good Wilderness Systems Ride 135.

Was looking into the 12’ range. What are the benefits for something larger? I’d like to keep my price in the $600-$700 range. What should I realistically look to spend on rigging it out and just other misc gear like a life vest? That’s probably a wide range to look at but I like DIY stuff so I don’t mind running to the hardware store and building something if I can save $$$.

Coincidentally, I told my fiancé I was thinking about buying a kayak and she said the same thing!

Comment

Ryan, here’s what I have learned in the short time I been in it.

I just spent $87 on an Onyx PFD... comfortable to wear all day, and CG approved. Don’t skimp on PFD.

I shopped around for a month, found a Vibe 130 fully rigged out, with trolling motor and new Humminbird, trailer also. A lot of other extras, ready to fish. Paid $1300.

Get you a sit on boat, much more comfortable for all day trips.

The wilderness above is an outstanding boat... I was possibly gonna buy it, but was 2nd in line... and found the vibe. You should research it, go look at it.

Bigger boat is more stable, more storage.

There are hundreds of youtubes on mods and DIY stuff. Some cool stuff on there.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a kayak in the 12' range. A longer boat tracks better, meaning it doesn't turn right and left with every paddle stroke, and they tend to go a little faster IMO.

As mentioned before, don't skimp on a PFD. How much is your life worth? As for rigging, you can save a ton with DIY, or you can spend a ton buying name brand( yak attack, Scotty). If you want PM me your number and I can send you some pictures of the ride.

Do your research and look at multiple boats, and decide what is the best fit for you. Also if anyone is doing test or demo days, go to one and paddle as many boats as you can. It really helps

Comment

I went to Academy today mainly just to get out although I did need a few things. I would say I’ve never paid attention to them until now but these kayaks are a lot bigger than I expected. I have been reading online and considering short or long, new or used, etc. I think I’ve decided on the Perception Outlaw. Although new, it has a lot of good reviews and seems like a lot of kayak for the $700 price.

It’s been interesting looking at all the DIY mods... Livewell/bait tank, lights, etc.

Comment

Finally committed. Went with the FeelFree Lure II in desert camo. The guys at ACK were very helpful. Can’t wait to take it out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
                            Finally committed. Went with the FeelFree Lure II in desert camo. The guys at ACK were very helpful. Can’t wait to take it out.
                            Very nice. That seat looks hella comfortable.

Comment

Took the nephew on his first solo trip in a kayak, he paddled close too 1.25mi today and did pretty good! Gonna have a marsh redfish buddy in the making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Picked up an Ascend FS12T w/ Humminbird Helix5 G2 chirp this afternoon..

I had a field and stream eagle talon 12 before and it was okay. I feel like this is a major upgrade. Cant wait to get it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X