No announcement yet.

88 samauri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds about right^^ what both of yal are saying. Cause it cranks right up as soon as he turns that key. Gotta be something simple. How long does it take to take that carb apart and clean it and put back together. Better off with a rebuild kit? Any gaskets or just a new carb? What you think.

Comment

What do yal prefer. Water or electric choke.

Comment

Weber 32/36 elec. you can get rid of the wires and vacuum mess under the hood .

Comment

The distributor cap has a control module in it that will start freaking out once it gets warm. I had one that would die after about 5 miles of running perfect. Replaced the module and it ran great again. That might be the issue... it was 20 years ago but I think it was a $25 part so it might be worth replacing either way.

Comment

I started a thread in the DIY section for my 87 I just bought. You should do the same. Would be good to see another build to get some ideas from.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              I started a thread in the DIY section for my 87 I just bought. You should do the same. Would be good to see another build to get some ideas from.
              great idea. I will have to do that.

Comment

Im FAR from a mechanic but will share that this was happening to our ranch jeep recently and a new fuel filter fixed it, cheap fix and worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                  Sounds about right^^ what both of yal are saying. Cause it cranks right up as soon as he turns that key. Gotta be something simple. How long does it take to take that carb apart and clean it and put back together. Better off with a rebuild kit? Any gaskets or just a new carb? What you think.
                  I've never done a sami carb, but I always get a rebuild kit. You can never get the jets back to factory clean. Also if you scrape them out with something too hard you can scrape out metal and make them a different jet size. Always need new gaskets too.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
                    I've never done a sami carb, but I always get a rebuild kit. You can never get the jets back to factory clean. Also if you scrape them out with something too hard you can scrape out metal and make them a different jet size. Always need new gaskets too.

Got ya. Auto parts store have those? Or special order. May get a new carb like suggested above depending on what I think even I get my hands on it more.

Comment

Think that would make it die when it gets to a certain temp? I'm getting it for 1500 Pretty good deal I think
                      I would agree! I would jump on it for that price.

Comment

I would assume you could.

Comment

We have a local place that basically rebuilds carbs, you just trade yours in for a rebuild kit and a little money. If they don't have one they will rebuild yours.

Comment

Got ya. Auto parts store have those? Or special order. May get a new carb like suggested above depending on what I think even I get my hands on it more.
                            get someone to rebuild it for you. just looked at oreilly auto and they want 445 for a reman with 90 day warranty. thats kind of high

Comment

Depending on which distributor it has... gut it and replace with

The experts at PerTronix are ready to help you choose the perfect high performance ignition and exhaust products. We're enthusiasts too!

Comment

All great ideas. Thanks for the Input guys. I'm about to go pick it up. I'm pretty excited. My daughter is too. She is gonna have fun driving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X