The Alamo - Day 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
    Be assured there are many brave men and women who have faced adversity in the same manner as those in the Alamo, from WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and many places we can't name. This thread is no take away from them or their stories, it is being delivered on the very days that this small group fought for the freedoms we enjoy today.
    I understand and it is a thread repeated yearly on the very days.

I was only pointing out that the legacy of the men that stood against overwhelming odds at the Alamo continues. As I also mentioned, google Alamo of the Pacific and you will find that the Alamo comparison is still used to show bravery today as we also saw in Benghazi.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      I understand and it is a thread repeated yearly on the very days.

I was only pointing out that the legacy of the men that stood against overwhelming odds at the Alamo continues. As I also mentioned, google Alamo of the Pacific and you will find that the Alamo comparison is still used to show bravery today as we also saw in Benghazi.
      Agreed!

Comment

This is why people from other states cannot understand why Texans are so proud of their state. Other than the original 13 colonies,I cant think of any other state that had to go to war with another country to gain independence.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
          Right. Imagine, 20 friends, modern weapons and a time machine.
          No doubt! The first time Santa Anna was seen mounted on his horse, put a bullet in his forehead and let us see what happens to those thousands of troops. They'd be running south as fast as they could.

Comment

Working...
          X