No announcement yet.

The Alamo - Day 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just awesome man. Love how he said the" The victory will cost the enemy so dear, that it will be worse for him than a defeat"

Comment

"God and Texas"
      "Victory or Death"

Comment

Awesome thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
          I still wonder if those men knew the importance of what they were doing? I am sure that is not the best way to say that but it just amazes me how they could face down so many enemy.
          Look at Day 12 and you will see your question answered in Travis' letter. Those men very well knew it was a fight for their country.

Comment

I feel confident that the determined valour and desperate courage, heretofore evinced by my men, will not fail them in the last struggle, and although they may be sacrifieced to the vengeance of a Gothic enemy, the victory will cost the enemy so dear, that it will be worse for him than a defeat.

I think he knew his men pretty well. They inflicted heavy casualties on the Mexican army.

Comment

Always a good read again!

Comment

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be under attack from so many. Constantly asking for supplies and reinforcements and not getting any. The fight those brave men put up was second to none. I feel the emotions as I read.

Comment

I can't even imagine that much bravery. God bless those men, and those who still defend this Nation today.

Comment

"God and Texas"
                    "Victory or Death"

God Bless Texas!!

Comment

Fortunately those men still exist and have existed through our history.

If wondering about Americans fighting against sometimes overwhelming odds, simply read about the Lost Battalion (WWI), Battle for Wake Island, Battle of Midway, Battle of the Bulge, Pusan Perimeter (where my father earned a Bronze Star for valor), Chosin Reservoir, Battle of Mogadishu (Blackhawk Down) or the Lone Survivor mission.

Those are just some that come to mind.

Sometimes I think the worst thing an enemy can do is surround a few American fighting men and tell him it is hopeless and he must surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

If wondering about Americans fighting against sometimes overwhelming odds, simply read about the Lost Battalion (WWI), Battle for Wake Island, Battle of Midway, Battle of the Bulge, Pusan Perimeter (where my father earned a Bronze Star for valor), Chosin Reservoir, Battle of Mogadishu (Blackhawk Down) or the Lone Survivor mission.

Sometimes I think the worst thing an enemy can do is surround a few American fighting men and tell him it is hopeless and he must surrender.

Well said. The strength of our State and our Nation is the common man who is willing to stand and fight. Occasionally they rise through the ranks. Most of the time, they fight, and if they survive, they go home to their families.

Tmag, thanks for putting these up each day.

Comment

Interestingly, the Battle of Wake Island is sometimes called The Alamo of the Pacific.

Comment

Great read

Comment

Victory or Death!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Be assured there are many brave men and women who have faced adversity in the same manner as those in the Alamo, from WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and many places we can't name. This thread is no take away from them or their stories, it is being delivered on the very days that this small group fought for the freedoms we enjoy today.

Comment

Working...
                                X