What's it Going to Take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEC View Post
    The USA recovered from Reagan we can sure recover from this. But let's realistically look at the vetos Reagan 78.... Bush 44....Clinton 37....Bush 12....Obama 3 I don't believe he has done a lot of things right but looking at total vetos I don't see an abuse of power. So yes we can recover from anything.
    Obama has had 3 vetos because the past democratic senate (Harry Reid) has not sent any bills to him that he did not agree with. They set on them to keep the pressure off.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
      I don't think so. Not without some type of revolution to get the government back in check. This country is headed in the wrong direction for sure. But it didn't happen over night. We the people let it.
      This is what I am thinking but I don't know if we the people have it in us anymore. This country needs a wake up call and I don't know what it's gonna take to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
        The USA recovered from Reagan we can sure recover from this. But let's realistically look at the vetos Reagan 78.... Bush 44....Clinton 37....Bush 12....Obama 3 I don't believe he has done a lot of things right but looking at total vetos I don't see an abuse of power. So yes we can recover from anything.
        I was very young when Reagan was in office, what did he do that was so bad?

Comment

Politicians are all the same. I rarely vote for the incumbent in the hope that changing them out will limit there damage, from local to federal. They are like fire ants an invasive species that destroys it's environment without regard, when you poison a big hill they just move 3' over and keep doing the same thing. I've never met a politician I liked and I wouldn't turn my back on 9 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
            I was very young when Reagan was in office, what did he do that was so bad?
            Compared to Hussein, nothing......Reagan paled.

Comment

Career politician and Muslim that abuses the Office of the President for his own agenda. I really feel that he is a terrorist and member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                In what catagory?
                Debt?
                Militarily?
                Moral fabric of the nation?
                National security?
                World respect?
                Constitutional rights?
                Foreign policy?
                World trust?

And the list goes on and on. This guy has allowed and created serious damage in all areas listed. And he's not done yet.
                It will take serious work and sacrifice to dig us out of this hole.
                A good starting list. IMO the biggest one you missed is how he crushed the middle class more than any 2,3 or 4 previous presidents combined. ACA takes the cake. Inflation is right there also eroding the middle class. He also caused the racial gap to widen more than anyone else that I can remember.

I really don't care if Hillary wins. I'm at the point where I say screw it, let her win and finish us off. We're obviously not going to do anything about Obama because they let us have just enough scraps. Let Hillary give the rest of the middle class money away to "the poor", take our guns away, and raise taxes and maybe..just maybe....we can get mad enough to change something

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  DING DING DING...hope we find one somewhere
                  The very fact that you have claimed to be an educator in an earlier thread is downright terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                    The very fact that you have claimed to be an educator in an earlier thread is downright terrifying.
                    I agree with you, there are some truly un-American comments flying around here. That comment and the Muslim Brotherhood comment are about the most absurd thing I can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                      I agree with you, there are some truly un-American comments flying around here. That comment and the Muslim Brotherhood comment are about the most absurd thing I can imagine.
                      Yea it's perfectly normal for a U.S. President to speak fluent Arabic and quote scriptures from the Koran. Yea that's been happening for decades...SMH. C'mon Barrett.. Is it that far fetched??
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 02-25-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ridge reaper View Post
                        This is what I am thinking but I don't know if we the people have it in us anymore. This country needs a wake up call and I don't know what it's gonna take to do it.
                        I fear that it'll take another terrorist attack on US soil. Another 9/11. But how long will the morale last? As a nation, we've almost forgot about 9/11 as it is.

Comment

Yea it's perfectly normal for a U.S. President to speak fluent Arabic and quote scriptures from the Koran. Yea that's been happening for decades...SMH. C'mon Barrett.. Is it that far fetched??
                          Prove to me he speaks fluent Arabic.

"Obama Quotes from the Koran"
                          The second section, called "Obama quotes from the Koran," shows Obama quoting from Islam’s holy book during his Cairo speech. What is not apparent from the edited version is that the president was telling his mostly Muslim audience that terrorists violate moral principles taught by the Quran. The video also edits out Obama’s references to the Bible and the Talmud as it strains to make the case that he’s a Muslim.
                          Edited quote: As the holy Quran tells us … The holy Quran teaches that … the holy Quran tells us … and the holy Quran also says . .

Actual Passages:

Obama: As the holy Quran tells us, "Be conscious of God and speak always the truth." That is what I will try to do today — to speak the truth as best I can, humbled by the task before us, and firm in my belief that the interests we share as human beings are far more powerful than the forces that drive us apart.

Obama: Indeed, none of us should tolerate these extremists. They have killed in many countries. They have killed people of different faiths — but more than any other, they have killed Muslims. Their actions are irreconcilable with the rights of human beings, the progress of nations, and with Islam. The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent is as — it is as if he has killed all mankind. And the Holy Koran also says whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.

Obama: We have the power to make the world we seek, but only if we have the courage to make a new beginning, keeping in mind what has been written.

The holy Quran tells us, "O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another."

The Talmud tells us: "The whole of the Torah is for the purpose of promoting peace."

The holy Bible tells us, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Comment

Prove to me he speaks fluent Arabic.

"Obama Quotes from the Koran"
                            The second section, called "Obama quotes from the Koran," shows Obama quoting from Islam’s holy book during his Cairo speech. What is not apparent from the edited version is that the president was telling his mostly Muslim audience that terrorists violate moral principles taught by the Quran. The video also edits out Obama’s references to the Bible and the Talmud as it strains to make the case that he’s a Muslim.
                            Edited quote: As the holy Quran tells us … The holy Quran teaches that … the holy Quran tells us … and the holy Quran also says . .

Actual Passages:

Obama: As the holy Quran tells us, "Be conscious of God and speak always the truth." That is what I will try to do today — to speak the truth as best I can, humbled by the task before us, and firm in my belief that the interests we share as human beings are far more powerful than the forces that drive us apart.

Obama: Indeed, none of us should tolerate these extremists. They have killed in many countries. They have killed people of different faiths — but more than any other, they have killed Muslims. Their actions are irreconcilable with the rights of human beings, the progress of nations, and with Islam. The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent is as — it is as if he has killed all mankind. And the Holy Koran also says whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.

Obama: We have the power to make the world we seek, but only if we have the courage to make a new beginning, keeping in mind what has been written.

The holy Quran tells us, "O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another."

The Talmud tells us: "The whole of the Torah is for the purpose of promoting peace."

The holy Bible tells us, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."
                            You see,here is the problem...."the holy Koran tells us"

The holy Koran never has and never will tell "us" anything. He is speaking to his people. Not Christians..

Comment

Fluent Arabic? Prove it.

Comment

I don't care how he wants to paint it to even discuss the assassination of a US president is out of bounds.

I may not respect the man, but I still respect the office and authority that comes with it. To sit passively by and let comments like these be made is no different that the "peaceful" muslims who do nothing to stop the extremist.

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                                I fear that it'll take another terrorist attack on US soil. Another 9/11. But how long will the morale last? As a nation, we've almost forgot about 9/11 as it is.
                                My greatest fear is that another attack will have the polar opposite effect. No event in US history has led to more erosion of individual liberties than the laws that were passed in the wake of 9/11.

It is my opinion that aside from the economic catastrophe that transpired due to fear (coupled by poor economic policies, internal and external confidence was the only thing propping up the economy at that time) after 9/11, the real win for freedom hating enemies of the US were that we, as people gave up freedoms with almost little resistance. Another attack like that would further convince the average citizen to trade liberty for security.

Seems there is a famous mantra regarding that last statement.....

Comment

Working...
                                X