No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1990, I bit into a rotten fried shrimp. Haven't been back since.

Comment

Guilty on around 3 trips a year. Never have any gut issues after eating there.

Comment

Ours closed. Never bothered us..............

Comment

I just had it the other day and **** it was good. I don’t know what it is but I enjoy it every time I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
            Man, I haven't even entertained the thought of hitting up an LJS in at least 5 years, never crossed my mind although I did enjoy it when I was younger. Driving home for lunch today and for whatever reason when I'm coming up on an LJS, something took over and guided my car into the drive-thru, almost like a tractor beam. 3 fish, 2 chicken planks and 8 packets of malt vinegar later I'm sitting on my bathroom floor burning my afternoon away feeling dirty and ashamed. Not sure what I'm going to tell my wife. Never made it back to the office...but for 8 glorious minutes everything was right in the world thanks to greasy fish bombs drenched in malt vinegar.
            So it was worth the aftermath? lol

Comment

Good stuff every once in a while!

Comment

We don't have a LJS anymore but I still get the craving a couple times a year too. So I make my own. Look up Alton Brown's fish and chips recipe. Use a good English brown ale in the batter. Buy a bottle of malt vinegar. You can enjoy it without the explosive after effect. My wife loves the little crunchies so I make a bunch for her. Add in some thick cut steak fries and it's on. It's not difficult at all.

Comment

It's better than what the doc gives you to clean out your system every 10 years

Comment

We decided to go Saturday. I'm down 3 lbs and might have diaper rash!

Comment

Good Stuff!!!! Once a year for me, I have to scratch the itch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        I start feeling sick just looking at that picture of the crap they serve. I haven't eaten at Long John Silvers since the 80s, and I don't ever plan to make that mistake again. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they stay in business. Disgusting.
                        I feel the same but I do like their malt vinegar, my Grandmother always had some in the frig when I was growing up. Wonder if they still have the bottles or have they gone to throw away packets.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          . I haven't seen one in over 10yrs
                          Almost as long as this thread is old.

Comment

I eat it about one time per year. No tummy problems but cannot stand the greasy stuff on the top of my mouth. Guess that's why I do it one time per year.

Comment

I'm a captain D'S man myself but I understand

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
                                I'm a captain D'S man myself but I understand
                                Not much different my man!

Comment

Working...
                                X