No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There must have been a healthy dose of Alaskan replica cod in my breakfast burritos this morning as I contemplate the mechanism of action of peristaltic rush!

Comment

Havent been in years, but I think about it every time I drive by.... NOM NOM NOM

Comment

I like a little LJS every once in awhile. Kinda like McDonald's. I gotta have it at least once a year. Once my colon recovers, I'm good for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
          There must have been a healthy dose of Alaskan replica cod in my breakfast burritos this morning as I contemplate the mechanism of action of peristaltic rush!
          You talk too Fancy for me. Can you dumb that down a big bit?
          I’m a simple man.

Comment

I think " Sharecropper " LOVES, L.J.S.!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
              I’m a simple man.
              Amen

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post

I’m a simple man.

Translation- I ate breakfast burritos that must be made out of the same LJ ingredients because I’m ****ting my brains out right now hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny thread!

A few weeks ago I stopped at one in Red Oak off I-35 coming back from hunting. Got the captain's platter which tasted good, barely made it home to Frisco before it got bad. My wife asked why I thought it would a good idea to eat LJS, I couldn't give her a good answer, lmao!

Guess I'm good for a while on LJS...

Comment

I don't do it too often, but every now and then I get an insatiable craving for their fish pieces (e.g. the "3 piece fish and more") and sprinkle it with their malt vinegar. Man, it is so freaking good!!!!! By the way, LJS removed the trans fat from their entire menu about 5 years ago.

Comment

LJS got me, think I’m gonna puke. Ate it yesterday and it’s like a brick in my stomach.

Comment

Just finished 5 fish and about a 1/4 bottle of malt vinegar...tasted great, but the starchy mouth is real. Pretty sure in less than an hour I'm going to be regretting this decision, thus the paradox.

Comment

Man, I haven't even entertained the thought of hitting up an LJS in at least 5 years, never crossed my mind although I did enjoy it when I was younger. Driving home for lunch today and for whatever reason when I'm coming up on an LJS, something took over and guided my car into the drive-thru, almost like a tractor beam. 3 fish, 2 chicken planks and 8 packets of malt vinegar later I'm sitting on my bathroom floor burning my afternoon away feeling dirty and ashamed. Not sure what I'm going to tell my wife. Never made it back to the office...but for 8 glorious minutes everything was right in the world thanks to greasy fish bombs drenched in malt vinegar.
                          Last edited by The Crippler; 01-18-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I didn't realize LJS was still open.. I haven't seen one in over 10yrs

Comment

I use to stop there every once and awhile for the clam strips.

Comment

I love me some Long John's, but I never have any gut issues. Lucky me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X