Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool!

Comment

Well today is the day. The guy with the water totes for our guzzlers should be here about 9:45 and then we are headed to the ranch to burn. Will try and post some pictures

Comment

Looking real good guys! Keep it up!

Comment

Pretty place! Post some pics of the work today...

Do you have the rain collectors run into a bucket or collection system?

Comment

awesome place!

Comment

what brand/size is that winch up feeder?

Never seen rain guzzlers like that, very unique idea

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

Back burn is started

Comment

Watch it close!

Comment

Originally posted by The Texan View Post
                      We have 20 semi truck loads of gravel coming tomorrow so we can improve a couple of the roads. I won't be able to get out there until after its done but will post some pics when I make it out there and take a look
                      How much did the gravel cost per load?

Comment

I'm hunting 700 acres that looks similar to yours, we had 9 feeders and 2 protein feeders when I got there 3 years ago, it was set up that way for the previous ten years and the hunting was spotty, last year I moved all the stands to places similar to your 1,3,4,6,and 7. My intent was to have one feeder in each corner and one in the center of the land (5 total in the shape of a 5 on a dice). I then took 3 of the extra feeders and using PVC, converted them to protein feeders, and married them up to the corn feeders. So all together I had 5 sets of a protein and corn feeder. My theory was the less feeders the more you see, and it worked well. I was able to pattern the deer better too. The last thing I did was put 2 tripods on every set of feeders. One to the north and one to the south, this way the sun is not in your eyes morning or night and more importantly the prevailing fall and winter winds are either northerly or southerly, which allows me to always play the wind. I arrowed my first pope and young off it this year, 155 5/8 and I used to be a scent control freak, this allowed me to almost eliminate scent (one deer winded me this year) naturally. Just my 2 cents either way enjoy the hunt! One more big tip, if the big boys are only showing up at night to eat protein, take the protein out and mix it 50/50 in the corn feeder on the second week in October, take the third week in October off work (it usually takes them a week to figure it out) and hunt the feeders the big boys are going to, you should get multiple opportunities at bruisers during shooting hours, we scored two beasts this year off of this technique. Once gun hunting starts the beginning of November they become nocturnal again so you have about a week to seal the deal. The second year I did this the first week in October and it was too hot that's why I waited this year, good luck and either way have fun. Post pics of your water set ups when done, I will be creating my own for each feeder this summer.

Comment

Cool man! I like it!

Comment

Nice, thank you for keeping us posted.

Comment

Very cool. In to follow your progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X