Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hate a thief!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yessir, know the feeling, had mine stole by the local theif. Knew he done it, couldnt prove it.

Comment

UPDATE:::

Wow almost a year since this happened, time flies.

Well sorry for forgetting to update this again but I'll tell the rest of the story now.

Game Warden called me one day while I was at work, he was all giddy and happy like a little kid. Told me he went and arrested the landowners son during school in the middle of the hallway in between classes where everyone saw. He was so proud. Ha.

The landowner left the son in jail at least overnight and maybe more, he called me and said he wasn't going to waste money on bail.

The kid was questioned and said he didn't know where any of the other traps were.

I drove back by the land About a week after the kid got out of jail and one of my other traps had magically reappeared at the corner of the wheat field! Amazing!

Never have found the third trap but ended up getting $325 in restitution money for it.

So that was the end of the landowners son drama. I still get to varmint hunt, dove hunt, and trap hogs if I want on all of this guys places and there is no bad blood at all, he acts like nothing happened.

Fast forward to a couple months ago......I see one of the traps I got back for sale on Facebook! I message the guy and tell him it's my trap where is it so I can come get it. He tells me and I go to pick it up, it ends up being the other trapper on the places friend and he tells me that he called him when I told him it was my trap and the guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and that it was his trap. I brushed it off and said whatever and loaded the trap and left.

While I was talking to this guy that had my trap he tells me that they are trapping out there and not having much luck. Then I ask him where they are trapping, he says on the south side of the creek (my side) and then I ask what traps they are using he tells me well we have some but moved one of yours into a different spot and are using it too.

Dang where are these kids morals or ethics?!

I went out there and got my other trap they were running. I have let it go for now because I really don't have the time right now to trap, but with coyote season coming up I always call the landowner around this time to ASK FOR HIS PERMISSION to coyote hunt out there and give him the dates I will be there over the next few months. When I call him I'm going to tell him about these things and try to get them kicked off. This landowner likes me and respects me and I respect him and his property and I know these kids don't so maybe he will go for it.

This was supposed to be a short and quick update and hopeful ending to the story but my mind wanders!

Comment

Staying in the good with the land owner is paramount. You have done well there. Glad you got your traps back.

Comment

Sounds like you need to put some ID numbers on all of your stuff and take pics, then put plaques on everything stating that they are yours, not for sale, and should not be touched, bought, or sold under penalty of law. At least that way they can't play stupid and you have proof that they're yours.

Comment

What a story!!!

Comment

Put another trap out like nothing happened. put some cameras out there on your spot. I had same thing happen in Humble.

Comment

If we chopped fingers off for the first offense it would make people think twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Calitexembalmer View Post
                  Put another trap out like nothing happened. put some cameras out there on your spot. I had same thing happen in Humble.
                  Put another trap out to catch the thieves he already caught 3 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by wcg89 View Post
                    UPDATE:::

Wow almost a year since this happened, time flies.

Well sorry for forgetting to update this again but I'll tell the rest of the story now.

Game Warden called me one day while I was at work, he was all giddy and happy like a little kid. Told me he went and arrested the landowners son during school in the middle of the hallway in between classes where everyone saw. He was so proud. Ha.

The landowner left the son in jail at least overnight and maybe more, he called me and said he wasn't going to waste money on bail.

The kid was questioned and said he didn't know where any of the other traps were.

I drove back by the land About a week after the kid got out of jail and one of my other traps had magically reappeared at the corner of the wheat field! Amazing!

Never have found the third trap but ended up getting $325 in restitution money for it.

So that was the end of the landowners son drama. I still get to varmint hunt, dove hunt, and trap hogs if I want on all of this guys places and there is no bad blood at all, he acts like nothing happened.

Fast forward to a couple months ago......I see one of the traps I got back for sale on Facebook! I message the guy and tell him it's my trap where is it so I can come get it. He tells me and I go to pick it up, it ends up being the other trapper on the places friend and he tells me that he called him when I told him it was my trap and the guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and that it was his trap. I brushed it off and said whatever and loaded the trap and left.

While I was talking to this guy that had my trap he tells me that they are trapping out there and not having much luck. Then I ask him where they are trapping, he says on the south side of the creek (my side) and then I ask what traps they are using he tells me well we have some but moved one of yours into a different spot and are using it too.

Dang where are these kids morals or ethics?!

I went out there and got my other trap they were running. I have let it go for now because I really don't have the time right now to trap, but with coyote season coming up I always call the landowner around this time to ASK FOR HIS PERMISSION to coyote hunt out there and give him the dates I will be there over the next few months. When I call him I'm going to tell him about these things and try to get them kicked off. This landowner likes me and respects me and I respect him and his property and I know these kids don't so maybe he will go for it.

This was supposed to be a short and quick update and hopeful ending to the story but my mind wanders!
                    Well since Cali brought it back from the dead, any new updates in the last 3 years lol

Comment

Old but a good story nonetheless. Love it when these have a good ending

Comment

dang crazy stuff man. Glad it worked out

Comment

dang this is old

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                            Well since Cali brought it back from the dead, any new updates in the last 3 years lol

Dang what are y’all doing on this old post? Just read through my last update, nothing has changed. Kid went to jail, got two of three traps back and restitution money for the third. I figured the third trap would show back up somewhere eventually whether it be for sale or see it in a picture but it never has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              If we chopped fingers off for the first offense it would make people think twice.
                              My thoughts exactly I've been saying that for years it would completely stop

Comment

Good to hear some what of a good ending to one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X