No announcement yet.

Spike took one for the team !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for a doe but this long cow horn spike came in. Most of the other bucks his age around here are 6 and 8 points. Either way, he's going to be good eating!

Comment

Just hate cleaning pregnant does. Not a big fan of abortion.
      And you could count her as a lot more than 1, she should reproduce at least 1 and more likely twins for the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        And you could count her as a lot more than 1, she should reproduce at least 1 and more likely twins for the next couple of years.
        This is true whether you kill her early or late.

Comment

Some places have a balanced deer herd and don't need those extra mouths each year. I would much rather kill a doe pregnant with twins off my place then that spike. Not because I am against killing spikes in the right situation but because killing the doe fits my management better.

Comment

And what about her daughters and daughters daughters and daughters daughters daughters?

It doesn't make any sense to go further down the rabbit hole than 1.

Don't count deer that don't exist yet.

Understand reproduction, and herd maintenance, but one deer counts as one deer.

Comment

Awesome kill
              Last edited by Harry; 01-06-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Who opens the gut cavity anymore to find out if she was preggo or not? Only time I open the cavity is to get organs for the kid's science classes.

Comment

Originally posted by burntorange bowhunter View Post
                  kill all the babies.
                  this

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                    And what about her daughters and daughters daughters and daughters daughters daughters?

It doesn't make any sense to go further down the rabbit hole than 1.

Don't count deer that don't exist yet.

Understand reproduction, and herd maintenance, but one deer counts as one deer.
                    You can't win, they wont let you, even if you are right. Ignorance is bliss to some.

Comment

Looks like he needed to go

Comment

Rub down with salt and pepper, cut out the negativity and he will taste fine

Comment

Yummy! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Man View Post
                              I was looking for a doe but this long cow horn spike came in. Most of the other bucks his age around here are 6 and 8 points. Either way, he's going to be good eating!
                              He sure doesn't look like a 1.5yr old spike from his face, great kill!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                                He sure doesn't look like a 1.5yr old spike from his face, great kill!!
                                You serious? I'd bet my life savings on him being a yearling

Comment

Working...
                                X