Lonesome Dove: Favorite Line or Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating for a poke is one of the best.

Favorite scene is when Augustus belly shoots that fella as he's mocking the Capt.

Comment

"Listenin to you brag don't improve the taste of these Mexican Strawberry's none!"

Comment

Woodrow: "Now hang on there a minute, you ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two and go to missing you Wife like our last cook are you?"

Po Campo: "My Wife is in hell where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."

Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
          Woodrow: "Now hang on there a minute, you ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two and go to missing you Wife like our last cook are you?"

Po Campo: "My Wife is in hell where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."

Awesome!!!
          Awesome!!

Comment

This is one of my favorite movies, but my son is the biggest fan. I don't know how many times he went to sleep by starting this movie running on vcr tape. He's 29 now and just last month someone he knows had connections with Lori and sent him a signed picture of her dressed in the costume of this movie. You would have thought someone bought him a new truck.

One of my favorite lines is this:
            [after burying Gus by the stream in Texas] Well, Gus; there you go. I guess this will teach me to be more careful about what I promise people in the future.

Comment

The closing scene is my favorite bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by axis_killer View Post
                "i hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. "

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteven25 View Post
                  Too many good quotes to list but watching this still makes me misty eyed on the last scene when Woodrow is recalling their journey and the folks lost along the way.
                  Ditto.
                  There is not a bad line in the whole movie!

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post

Awesome!!!
                    Pure Greatness....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420303430.666270.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	24355414

Watching right now with my daughter. We have watched it together before but she says she doesnt remember. Ive seen it at least 40 or 50 times

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        As great as the movie is, if you are a fan and haven't read the book you need to make it a point to do so. I read it when it first came out in 1985 and only recently read it for the second time. Much of McMurtry's prose is absolutely brilliant. There are many passages you will go back and read twice because the writing is so awesome. Don't get me wrong - the movie is great but the book naturally goes much deeper.
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                          So many great ones, but the one that speaks to me the most is:

Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself. - Gus
                          Ya know, I've seen it hundreds of times probably and the truth of this line really hit me this morning for the first time when I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                            The closing scene is my favorite bar none.
                            Reporter: They say you're a man of vision. Is that true?

Woodrow Call: [flashing back to all that has gone on]

Reporter: Captain Call?

Woodrow Call: A man's vision, you say. Yeah. Hell of a vision...

~~~~~~~~~~

Woodrow Call: What do you want legs for anyway? You don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drink whiskey!

Gus McCrae: I like to kick a pig every once in a while. How would I do that?

Comment

Nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country.

-john

Comment

Tend your biscuits

Comment

Working...
                                X