How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    I’ve fished those 3 spots more than anyone on this forum! Once you fly fish those spots you’ll be spoiled! What guide service does your buddy work for?

He guides for ugly bug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      He guides for ugly bug

That's one of the best fly shops I've been in. I buy most of my flies from them. You're gonna have a hell of a trip. Please keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        That's one of the best fly shops I've been in. I buy most of my flies from them. You're gonna have a hell of a trip. Please keep us posted.

Yeah I'm counting down the days till I get to fly out and check it all out. I'll post up when it gets closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
          Has anyone tried the rainbow trout stocked parks with a fly? If so, what are you throwing at them?
          I’ve thrown a ton at em and a classic wooly bugger seems to work best for me. Olive or black and fished slow is why I’ve had most success with.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            I’ve thrown a ton at em and a classic wooly bugger seems to work best for me. Olive or black and fished slow is why I’ve had most success with.
            Thanks Hooligan.

Comment

Has anyone tried the rainbow trout stocked parks with a fly? If so, what are you throwing at them?
              What hooligan said but, and keep in mind that different levels of the water column are just as important.

Comment

Did when I lived in VA. Always had good luck with a nymph dropped below a dry fly as a indicator.

Comment

Houston area guys found a shop close to a job we are currently doing now inside the loop called bayou city anglers. Pretty sweet fly shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                    Houston area guys found a shop close to a job we are currently doing now inside the loop called bayou city anglers. Pretty sweet fly shop.

They’re good people. Plus free beer while you shop. Hard to beat. They do get togethers for local fly fisherman at local breweries every once in a while. I think they have one coming up in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      They’re good people. Plus free beer while you shop. Hard to beat. They do get togethers for local fly fisherman at local breweries every once in a while. I think they have one coming up in a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Cabela View Post

Looks like I need to check them out!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Anyone go after sandbass with their fly rods during the sand bass run?

Comment

First attempt at a gurgler. Definitely needs improvement, but I think I already have down what needs to be fixed. Couple more and I should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Treehunter View Post
                            Anyone go after sandbass with their fly rods during the sand bass run?
                            I’ve had success with clousers and the like

Comment

That was before I cleaned it up a little. Thanks for the kind words guys. Really gives me confidence considering I just started tying last week!
                              I will post some of mine one day...you will agree

Comment

First attempt at a gurgler. Definitely needs improvement, but I think I already have down what needs to be fixed. Couple more and I should be good to go.

I would say you have a little talent with the thread and bobbin

Comment

Working...
                                X