How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    Might have talked myself into needing something today.

Nice! Is that the Mangrove? That’s a great 6 weight setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Nice! Is that the Mangrove? That’s a great 6 weight setup.

Yes it is, looking forward to giving her a try

Comment

Tied up some redfish Ritalin from 239 flies on some size 6 hooks tonight. I’m thinking these are gonna be killer. Excuse the cluttered table. I need to invest in a dedicated fly tying bench!

Comment

What is that??? Counter weights??

Comment

Didn't expect 2 pics to show up!!

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Originally posted by froghunter View Post

What is that??? Counter weights??

Crustacean eyes. No weight. I don’t really think they make a difference, but it’s about feeling like your fly looks good. Right? [emoji23]

Comment

It does look good!!!!

Comment

Tied up some redfish Ritalin from 239 flies on some size 6 hooks tonight. I’m thinking these are gonna be killer. Excuse the cluttered table. I need to invest in a dedicated fly tying bench!

Dang dude that looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                    Fishing out of Casper, as far as I know I'm doing a day on the grays reef, miracle mile, and thermopolis. I know one day we will have to drive two hours to get to where we are fishing. He's got all the rods but I hate showing up empty handed. He just said throwing mostly 6wts
                    I’ve fished those 3 spots more than anyone on this forum! Once you fly fish those spots you’ll be spoiled! What guide service does your buddy work for?
                    Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 01-09-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I have tied some of these...yours are much prettier

Comment

Clay that thing looks awesome. I may have to try and tie a couple of those for OK smallies

Comment

Crustacean eyes. No weight. I don’t really think they make a difference, but it’s about feeling like your fly looks good. Right? [emoji23]

Makes me think of the Charlie Munger quote about business/investing:

"I think the reason why we got into such idiocy in investment management is best illustrated by a story that I tell about the guy who sold fishing tackle. I asked him, “My God, they’re purple and green. Do fish really take these lures?” And he said, “Mister, I don’t sell to fish.”

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                            Makes me think of the Charlie Munger quote about business/investing:

"I think the reason why we got into such idiocy in investment management is best illustrated by a story that I tell about the guy who sold fishing tackle. I asked him, “My God, they’re purple and green. Do fish really take these lures?” And he said, “Mister, I don’t sell to fish.”
                            That's very true. In my experience, It doesn't matter what you throw at them (to an extent). If they want to eat they'll eat, if they don't they don't. I say all the time the only reason I have flies for redfish other than a green/white bead chain clouser is because that would get boring.
                            Last edited by Clay C; 01-10-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              I have tied some of these...yours are much prettier
                              That was before I cleaned it up a little. Thanks for the kind words guys. Really gives me confidence considering I just started tying last week!

Comment

Has anyone tried the rainbow trout stocked parks with a fly? If so, what are you throwing at them?

Comment

Working...
                                X