How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    I’ve seen people carry on two piece rods a few times. The flight attendants just store them in the coat closet at the front of the plane. This was on united however, never flown delta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I think I will try to do it and if they balk just pay the fee. I know I have seen some fairly large rods as carry on but can't remember if they were quite 55".

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      I’ve seen people carry on two piece rods a few times. The flight attendants just store them in the coat closet at the front of the plane. This was on united however, never flown delta.

I agree. I have seen them on Delta heading to Bozeman carrying 2 piece rods.

Comment

Just bought my first fly rod in 25 years. Fly fished a lot when I was stationed in Bremerton, Washington; but sold my setup when I came home. Figured I'd get back into it. 5-weight 9-foot BPS combo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working with the Gherkin down on the Pedernales.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
            Working with the Gherkin down on the Pedernales.

That’s awesome! Keep us posted

Comment

Just got back from Breckenridge Co. and did my first real fly fishing. Went with a guide on a float trip on the Colorado river the first day and caught 12-15 trout. Did some hiking into some mountain lakes on other days and caught a few. I am hooked. Be nice to hook up with some on here to learn more. I will post some pics tmrw.

Comment

Does anyone have recommendations for fly fishing guides out of port o'connor? Thinking about trying to book a trip this weekend.

Comment

Fly fishing for trout is fine but if u wade past me while I'm tearing up the white bass from the bank with my spinning rod u prob will get foul hooked and cussed out. Haha. if you know me u will know this to be true....

Comment

Has anyone used Cam Sigler flies? Talked to Cam Jr. a couple weeks ago and he tied these flies for me. Bringing them to Panama in 1 week for sails or whatever wants to eat it.

Comment

Well guys, after being eaten up with fly fishing (because of tbh btw) I’m going to start tying my own flies.

Recommend a good vice for me! Mostly just going to tie foam stuff for now, spiders ants etc.

Comment

None payers will be band.

Original sign at the $3 Bridge on the Madison River in Montana. It got it's name from the sign many years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4e6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	24543745

Comment

[ATTACH]913792[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                            Well guys, after being eaten up with fly fishing (because of tbh btw) I’m going to start tying my own flies.

Recommend a good vice for me! Mostly just going to tie foam stuff for now, spiders ants etc.
                            There are so many good vices out now that it is hard to recommend just one. I've tied on several and liked them all. I've been using a Renzetti for several years now and like it fine but any of the ones made today will work fine. The Peak, Atlas or Apex vices are also great vices. I would just make sure to get a rotary. I never use mine for the rotary tying it's designed for but like turning the fly over to look at the other side. Cam tightening jaws are the way to go if you intend to tie large bass or salt water flies.

You need to join the San Gabriel Fly Fishers. We have several fly tying classes and some grest tyers that are always willing to help.

Comment

X2 on all this. I started on a real nice $150 Peak vise. It is totally worth every dollar. I have since tied on some fixed vises and every time, I am reminded if how worth it is to have a nice vise.

Rotary is a must IMO. It is the difference between working on a car in your driveway vs in a shop bay with a lift.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I am pumped! We are leaving Wed for Angel Fire and are booked to fish the San Juan the Mon, Tues, and Wed of the following week. I just booked a half day next Sat. on Eagle's Nest Lake to try and catch Pike on a fly rod!

Comment

Working...
                                X