How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docmay View Post
    I’ll fish with Eric Glass 3 days. I usually fly fish about half the day. My brother usually goes along and this year junior will be there. They only throw egg beaters(spinning rods). When they are up I’ll throw a top water or mess around. We have 2 days of conventional fishing booked with Ernest Cisneros as well so we can all go and have some family wading time.

Awesome...I need to book with glass one day and get down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post

Caught my only and personal best bonefish this week on a fly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice bone!

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
        Awesome...I need to book with glass one day and get down there.
        I have fished with Eric for 15+ years. He is the best I have fly fished with in Texas and the best at positioning the boat and getting you close of anyone I have fished with anywhere. He is just a fishy dude! We have caught piles on the fly and he has taught me a bunch. He also put my wife in a ton of fish with lures last year. I have caught tarpon and snook with him on the fly. Even caught fish on the fly in the nastiest of weather I have ever seen. Ultra windy, nasty muddy water and he poked me and a buddy up on pods of tailing fish and we hammered trout, reds and flounder. He is one of those guys I can recommend without hesitation and I consider a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          I have fished with Eric for 15+ years. He is the best I have fly fished with in Texas and the best at positioning the boat and getting you close of anyone I have fished with anywhere. He is just a fishy dude! We have caught piles on the fly and he has taught me a bunch. He also put my wife in a ton of fish with lures last year. I have caught tarpon and snook with him on the fly. Even caught fish on the fly in the nastiest of weather I have ever seen. Ultra windy, nasty muddy water and he poked me and a buddy up on pods of tailing fish and we hammered trout, reds and flounder. He is one of those guys I can recommend without hesitation and I consider a friend.

Good to know thanks...I’ve heard the same from a couple others about him as well. If I’m not mistaken he’s fishing out of a Chittum now isn’t he? He still have his hpxt?

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
            Good to know thanks...I’ve heard the same from a couple others about him as well. If I’m not mistaken he’s fishing out of a Chittum now isn’t he? He still have his hpxt?

I think he got rid of the maverick and is just running the chittum. Pretty recent change. I loved that little maverick, I always said if I was closer to coast I would buy one. I can’t wait to see the chittum, he was really talking it up the last time we spoke!

Comment

October is a great time to float this section of the river usually we have good rains by then, but you are right it's a lousy time to float but great fishing
              Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              Very nice. One of my all time favorite places to fly fish. Too bad the river is so low this year. We had a canoe trip planned for the upper Guad but no water. Maybe next year or later this year.
              Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                Im planning a vacation with my boys. We will be on foot..maybe have yaks..

What are the must fish locations in the hill country and west Texas between Bryan and big bend?????

I don’t mind paying for access...or being far off the beaten path. Actually the further the better!!
                Devils river is on my list.

Comment

Already knocked out the devils, Pecos and llano.

Comment

Fly fishing port o’Connor in the morning. Hopefully I can hook up on one tomorrow.

Comment

I fished ricks that had a little current. The goo I expected but the channel car was a surprise. Both on an olive wooly bugger. I’m literally eating them right now....and realized they are both water body records. ...oh well.

Comment

I tied on a fly for the first time last night and, I have found my new addiction!

Comment

Way to go Mike!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            I tied on a fly for the first time last night and, I have found my new addiction!

Oh yeah you gonna like it

Comment

Perch, the gateway drug to fly fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                                Perch, the gateway drug to fly fishing.

Haha I know that’s right!

Comment

Working...
                                X