No announcement yet.

Will he make AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although I think he is EASILY legal, from looking at last years pics I would let him go and see if he grows a normal rack next year because he could be a giant

Comment

I would be interested to know a GWs response. OP if you talk to him, please let us know. Interesting buck for sure. I think he's more a trophy this year while he's funky. He'll just be another buck next year.

Comment

I zoomed and did a little better extrapolation of the midpoint of his typical beam based on the angle of the picture. I had previously extrapolated too far. I don't think he'd have to be a typical 16", I think could be a typical 13" and still make it.

Of course, I'm not a Game Warden and my opinion doesn't count. Would definately be cool to find out.

Comment

I would shoot it...if you get stopped tell the GW you don't know what happened the ground didn't shrink em, but it sure bent the crud out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            If you go with the hypotenuse, he just might make it!
            my thoughts. Just hope the GW goes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              I zoomed and did a little better extrapolation of the midpoint of his typical beam based on the angle of the picture. I had previously extrapolated too far. I don't think he'd have to be a typical 16", I think could be a typical 13" and still make it.

Of course, I'm not a Game Warden and my opinion doesn't count. Would definately be cool to find out.
              I'd be afraid of the "cool" fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                although I think he is EASILY legal, from looking at last years pics I would let him go and see if he grows a normal rack next year because he could be a giant

This is what I think as well. With a bumper acorn crop year, he should be healthy going into next year and hopefully get back on track

Comment

Originally posted by drewjunr View Post
                  I would shoot it...if you get stopped tell the GW you don't know what happened the ground didn't shrink em, but it sure bent the crud out of them.
                  LOL....He hit the ground hard!!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                    If you go with the hypotenuse, he just might make it!

Choot 'em.

Comment

Obviously legal imo.

Comment

Shoot him if you want him. Don't shoot if you don't. It's simple but you have to make that call.

Comment

the measurement is from the widest inside point of the main beams (doesn't matter what angle the beams are coming off of the deers head).

Not only do I think he will make it, but I think he will be at LEAST 2"-3" over the legal 13" limit
                          ^^^^^

Comment

Take him!

Comment

the measurement is from the widest inside point of the main beams (doesn't matter what angle the beams are coming off of the deers head).

Not only do I think he will make it, but I think he will be at LEAST 2"-3" over the legal 13" limit
                              ^^^^^agree

Comment

Yes. Let us know the spread of and when.
                                Shame he banged that side up. Great looking deer last year

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X