Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Fellow TBH'ers gonna be the Kerrville Schreiner Park hunt this next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasPigHunter View Post
    How and where do I go to sign up? What are the rules and regulation? Is the drawing over? How many people get selected?
    been over for a while now, it's part of the annual drawn hunts that tpwd does

google tpwd drawn hunts and you can see all that they do

Comment

Originally posted by kunder3006 View Post
      Well this is our last hunt here at the park, this moon was so dang bright last couple of nights, really hurt us on the morning hunts, evenings we saw deer. Deer are for sure on alert. It's been fun, I took a doe and wife got her first deer with bow, could not keep, cause of bad meat but she was still pumped up and sad all at the same time. I told her the deer was hurting and she did the humanitarian thing. Some of the other hunters saw deer and one was hit yesterday evening but high, they gonna look for it after morning hunt, hope he finds her. All in all the guys here are great, the hunt was fun, definitely different, never hunted where I was watching picnic table, BBQ pit, dumpster pretty much only thing missing is a Airstream travel trailer out my pop up blind. These hunts are needed here, deer hit by car is a almost everyday thing around here I have been told.
      Were you hunting spot 11?
      That's where my son was on the first hunt.

If so, we cut down a small forest to brush in his blind

Congrats on the doe and spike

Comment

Yea sir there really was but one spot I could find and it was under that huge ceder tree. The brush you and others cut sure helped out for sure. Saved me some time that's for sure. I found a nice arrow and broad head someone left or shot. It was a gold tip hunter 5575 with a what looked to be a montec G5. Broad head was pink.

Comment

Not ours.

He did make 3 shots and missed all 3.
          1 skimmed the tail end of a doe and had a little blood.
          Another one went over the back but took a lot of fur. Left a big area of fur on the ground, but the arrow was clean.

Comment

Tell him don't give up, I thought I was Robin Hood cause on a square target I could put three arrows in a business card at thirty yards with fleaching touching, the first two deer I ever drew on at 20 yards some 20 yrs ago, I missed both by shooting over their backs. It's a total different game when it's the real deal.

Comment

Did they draw any standbys. I only live a mile and a half from the park and was thinking of going this next hunt.

Comment

Yes they did have one stand by hunter maybe two, call them, they should have a count on who is not gonna make it and then your chance of not wasting your time is better, but you live so close it won't hurt ya to stop by Monday at 1030 and take a chance. The stand by guy when we were there lives there also and he said he was going to come again this next hunt. He is retired.

Comment

Working...
                X