Great find/buy Vintage Coleman two burner stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great find/buy Vintage Coleman two burner stove

This guy on a Facebook page was selling an old but good condition Coleman stove for 30 dollars. He dropped it to 20. I claimed it. I met up with him today and we tested. It would not hold any compression in the tank. We tried several times and finally gave up.

He decided to just give me the stove. I said no I could not accept it. I gave him 10 for it. I consulted our resident Coleman collector Mike Smith about it.

Got home and tried to get it to light. No joy. Then I oiled it up rubber gasket and pump. Let it sit for a few minutes. I then attempted to pump it up and sure enough it was pumping up and holding air.

Lit the main burner and let it burn for several minutes. Then lit the second burner. I let it burn for 30 minutes. Texted Mike during this process.

The stove works just fine. I contacted the seller and we are all good.

You know it did not happen without pics.

Great find!

Comment

Here ya go
      Attached Files

Comment

Way to go.

Comment

Had many a meal off one of those. Stull a working one in the cabin we use in colorado.

Seeing how you brought up old coleman stuff. I'm in the market for some old latterns. Don't need to work, I'll be putting 120v to em

Comment

You can buy the washers needed for that fantastic stove...

Lost my old Coleman and now I have a duel fuel one (still kinda old ). Runs on unleaded so fuel is easy peasy...

Comment

Have one my dad bought new. Still use it. Love it.

Comment

I have at least three vintage Coleman stoves in my garage right now. Saving them for when Ferguson/Ebola/ISIS/ISIL/big government takes over!!

And my best friend has the biscuit oven that cooks a mean pan of cat heads!!

Comment

I repaired a Coleman lantern the same way.

Comment

I sent that picture to my dad and he said that brings back some old memories. We ate some great meals from that old Coleman stove. Glad I have this one and duel fuel one as well. Just need to get that one working now. I tested my Coleman lantern tonight and fired up. I have an old lantern that I am going to get Mike to help me put back together.

It was my dad's and I would like to get it working again.

Comment

Timm, Good deal! I have a stove just like that I got back in the 1980s from "somebody". I got a propane conversion apparatus, and saves on the liquid fuel and smell. But I keep the liquid fuel tank handy, just in case. And sometimes use it in the spring on fishing trips. Used to take it with me in the boat sometimes when on a duck hunt back then too. That was before I got my Mr. Heater/Cooker. But still use the stove in camp each year now.

Comment

Great deal Timm !!!!

You can't beat Coleman stoves and lanterns. I love the sound. The smell of "white gas" burning and the process to light them. There ain't no real camp site complete without a Coleman lantern burning and bacon and eggs cooking on a coleman stove. Oh...and chili....right Glenn ?

At this time I have 9 lanterns and 3 stoves.

Seven of my lanterns burn great. I have two to rebuild. Two of my stoves run great. I have one taken apart for a complete rebuild. Most of my Coleman stoves and lanterns are 40 to 60 years old. One of my "new" lanterns is a 1982 CL2 that is my tracking lantern. I don't go on a hunt without it.

I have a 1967 200A red single mantle that is like new and burns super bright. I have a 1963 Sears (made by Coleman) blue and black "big hat" that burns just as bright as it did 51 years ago. Coleman stoves and lanterns are really easy to rebuild. Most parts are still available if you know where to find them.

I will see you tomorrow Timm for lunch.
                        Last edited by Arrowsmith; 11-20-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I have one that is in the original box and has never been used. I think my Dad bought it from Gibson's for around $15.00!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            I have one that is in the original box and has never been used. I think my Dad bought it from Gibson's for around $15.00!

Wow still in the original box. Post up pictures of that bad boy!

Comment

Dual Fuel?

Comment

Working...
                              X