Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance TODAY

TBH Maintenance TODAY 8am - 10am
TBH will be offline TODAY from 8 am to 10 am for important server maintenance
See more
See less

Hangin em up (retiring from professional baseball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Chase!

It's now a new beginning.....welcome to the Half-Wheeled Club! Just remember, you only need one wheel, that back wheel, with the front one - up in the air, as you dive right into all things Outdoors!

Looking forward to following your next move and Outdoor outing recaps! You have the time, it's time to get cracking!

When I retired from the Military, it was probably the most life changing event in my life. Those around you inside, the guys and the missions now no more, it was the toughest adjustment to make. Working with so much on the line, leaning on the Team to push over the top....it's not the same in the common business environment. Living and working around the clock, connected to a Team, it's tough to match anywhere else.

Good luck and once again CONGRATULATIONS!
    Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-08-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Congrats on a great run, and one most only get to dream of. Baseball has such a brutal schedule, enjoy the slow pace for a while. Lots of fall and spring hunting!

Comment

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. You are a true winner

Comment

great post. Best of luck to you and your family on the next adventure life takes you on. Congrats on a solid career and good luck in the future

Comment

Texaskid82...yes I played with Housel in 03. Good dude.

Comment

Thank you for all the kind comments guys. Means a lot.

Comment

Congrats on doing it right.

Comment

what a man you are...hell of a writeup!

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like a little writing or commentary might be in your future. Great recap of a great career!

Comment

Congrats on a long and productive career. I retired from pro ball in 2004 after seven years and know exactly what you are experiencing. My playing years were some of the best times of my life and I cherish the memories I made on a daily basis. I can assure you that the two things you will miss the most are the locker room camaraderie and the competition. Being a professional athlete requires not only skill, but a competitive drive that will never go away. I struggled for years to feed that competitiveness and found that doing Crossfit helps satisfy the urge some. I didn't pick up a baseball or a bat for several years after I retired. When my son reached the age where he could play baseball is when I picked up a ball and glove for the first time. My time is now consumed with youth sports and I have a much greater appreciation for my parents and the sacrifices they made when I was younger. Again, congrats and remember that the drive will never go away, it only lessens between October and March. Once Spring Training and Opening Day come around, it starts all over again.

Eric

Comment

Best thread I have seen in a while. Congrats on all the success on the diamond and good luck in the future.

Comment

Working...
                        X