No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil settles up 8% to $48.24!!! Thanks to ISIS and their plans to move into northern Iraq. Hope the rumors are true. That'll help out the supply overload. So go into your weekend knowing there could be an upside to this whole deal.

There's your optimism Ragin!

Comment

I see it as shorts covering at month end. I know that's pessimistic, but lets hope it is a trend up.

Comment

Looking for a new opportunity? Solve this problem:

Oil drillers and landfill operators regularly admit that they know the natural gas they discover in oil deposits or generate as part of their operations has tremendous value. The problem has been a paucity of economical options to exploit it. Still, the sheer volume of gas that gets flared or emitted [...]

So far, the alternatives to flaring are few and challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
          Looking for a new opportunity? Solve this problem:

Oil drillers and landfill operators regularly admit that they know the natural gas they discover in oil deposits or generate as part of their operations has tremendous value. The problem has been a paucity of economical options to exploit it. Still, the sheer volume of gas that gets flared or emitted [...]

So far, the alternatives to flaring are few and challenging.
          If it was worth it and if the demand was higher, there'd be a lot more millionaires!

Comment

That says Exterran only has $275,000 in cash?? Did I read that right??.... how is that possible.

You can make that much money in a year with portapotties and trash trailers

Comment

I am/was an independent frac consultant. Got the axe on Tuesday. Fortunately, had enough foresight and saw the train coming awhile ago. Had an interview Wednesday with an smaller production company and landed the job. Able to keep my head above water for now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinga84 View Post
                I am/was an independent frac consultant. Got the axe on Tuesday. Fortunately, had enough foresight and saw the train coming awhile ago. Had an interview Wednesday with an smaller production company and landed the job. Able to keep my head above water for now.....

That's great news! Congrats

Comment

They cut my company truck today switched to pool trucks. Only one problem is I live in a different place than our other employees so I have to provide my own vehicle. Just glad to still have a job!

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                    That says Exterran only has $275,000 in cash?? Did I read that right??.... how is that possible.

You can make that much money in a year with portapotties and trash trailers
                    They used to have a lot of compressor rentals out here in the Permian and took a pretty good hickie during the '08 slowdown, may have been trying to make up ground with the other stuff, if it's even the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                      Oil settles up 8% to $48.24!!! Thanks to ISIS and their plans to move into northern Iraq. Hope the rumors are true. That'll help out the supply overload. So go into your weekend knowing there could be an upside to this whole deal.

There's your optimism Ragin!

Double opportunity. Oil goes up. Those Idgets let us know where they are headed. Win win. Silver linings bro.

Comment

Originally posted by westexasagent View Post
                        Ref Chem in Odessa is letting go of people (some with 20 or more years) and cuts in pay coming. Sad.

Do you guys notice less traffic on roads here in Midland/Odessa or is it just me?
                        I've noticed. I fly out there once a month for meetings. It's easier to get hotels and rental cars now also. Lees of a line at Twin Peaks in Odessa in the evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          Double opportunity. Oil goes up. Those Idgets let us know where they are headed. Win win. Silver linings bro.
                          Looked like the rumors were true. ISIS did invite northern Iraq and a lot of it was where drilling took place. I bet we see $50 or more on Monday. You gotta remember, Iraq was the main "swing country" for this extra production. They increased a lot more than most. This should definitely help with our oversupply!

Comment

Here is hoping

Comment

Brent is up over $55 this morning and wti near $50

The falling rig count may have been just in time for us

Comment

Good! I'm hoping and praying for a call!!

Comment

Working...
                                X