X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
    Oil blowing back up through $50.

High is $52.48

Sure it has a long way to go but nice to see it head to $50 before the $30 - $35 range like so many experts predicted.

Hopefully the trend continues.
    It all depends on the middle east. So far the jump is just on speculation and not a change in the supply/demand basics.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
      I have an offer to go back to west TX for more money than I left at.
      I'm seriously considering going back now.
      Don't worry, when it picks back up service companies will be hurting so hopefully the unemployed can get back in there.

Comment

Talk of the town is B-H shutting down operations in Alice...weatherford not far behind.

sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
          I have an offer to go back to west TX for more money than I left at.
          I'm seriously considering going back now.
          What line of work? I think I remember trucking?

Comment

Well got THE CALL this evening... Bring all BHI property to work in the morning for a "meeting" at 9am.

Will be back on the job hunt starting in the morning. Gonna be tough for a while especially with a 8 week old little boy and wife at home to provide for.

I will be guiding fishing trips in Port O'Connor again full time until I find work again.

Comment

Dammit man. Hate to hear that. Prayers up for everyone taking a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                Well got THE CALL this evening... Bring all BHI property to work in the morning for a "meeting" at 9am.

Will be back on the job hunt starting in the morning. Gonna be tough for a while especially with a 8 week old little boy and wife at home to provide for.

I will be guiding fishing trips in Port O'Connor again full time until I find work again.
                Sorry to hear that, Ross. Good luck in your search.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sorry to hear that Brunner... they got another hundred or so at our office in Houston today, and we had to move out of our downtown office with only a few days notice- they decided to close it.

The mood around town is pretty somber. RIP BHI

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Just the nature of the beast in the oil patch but is very disappointing. I love this job and will hire back on in a heartbeat when it picks back up. Just got to get from A to B in the meantime. Thanks for the condolences.

Comment

That sux man! Sorry to hear! At least you have a cool "job" to fall back on.

Word is, there might be an actual war brewing in the Middle East (and I'm not talking about lil air strikes here and there), which will drive WTI prices to at least $65 within the next couple months. Better than end of the year predictions. Drill baby drill!!!

Comment

Prayers sent up man, as to everyone else too.

I got lucky when haliburton resinded my offer i went back to old job. Then got hired selling tractors n equipment on a salary plus commision. Salary alone is $700 more a month than old job.

I hope everyone finds work soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          That sux man! Sorry to hear! At least you have a cool "job" to fall back on.

Word is, there might be an actual war brewing in the Middle East (and I'm not talking about lil air strikes here and there), which will drive WTI prices to at least $65 within the next couple months. Better than end of the year predictions. Drill baby drill!!!

Hate to wish a war on anyone but Middle East has it coming and Daddy needs his job back so I say POW POW!!! Drill Baby Drill is right!!!

Comment

Hate to wish a war on anyone but Middle East has it coming and Daddy needs his job back so I say POW POW!!! Drill Baby Drill is right!!!
                            Really?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              Really?

Little bit a sarcasm.... Lol sorry long day..,

Comment

I received a very similar call from BHI Houma today. I live too far away from the district so I am mailing back their property. 8 year offshore cementer. What were you doing for them?

Good luck and God bless in the search.

Comment

Working...
                                X