Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Bad news I hate to hear that
    Last edited by KR-oldmexico; 01-30-2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
      Note sure if this was posted but lariate services closed there doors. Over 200 people lost their jobs.
      Yep 265 jobs I think. Sandridge as a whole is in some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
        Note sure if this was posted but lariate services closed there doors. Over 200 people lost their jobs.
        Dang that sucks. We have slowed down a lot here, even on the machine shop side.

Comment

Exterran isnt allowing anymore OT on Saturdays and no more pay raises

Comment

I work for nabors at the big lake truck yard. At the safety meeting we supposedly are still turning down work. They did cut the "nabors time" pay by 60% (not on a ticket) and stopped paying travel time. But I'm happy to still have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Exterran isnt allowing anymore OT on Saturdays and no more pay raises
              Exterran is in big trouble and has been for a while.

Comment

We had a really big January. Just as big as last year. But I can see the slow down about to hit. I have one big order left open and a few small ones and thats about it..

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                  Exterran is in big trouble and has been for a while.
                  i don't work for them, but a buddy does near Columbus. Where do you get that info?

Just curious, he is a welder and makes good money and all I heard is how well that place does at least at that location

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    i don't work for them, but a buddy does near Columbus. Where do you get that info?

Just curious, he is a welder and makes good money and all I heard is how well that place does at least at that location
                    ONe word that I've said is the key factor for companies in this environment: Debt.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ref Chem in Odessa is letting go of people (some with 20 or more years) and cuts in pay coming. Sad.

Do you guys notice less traffic on roads here in Midland/Odessa or is it just me?

Comment

This is what my company is looking for at the moment. We are an offshore contractor. Main office is in Houston. Pm if you are interested and I can give you more details. I know the pay isn't what most are used to getting paid, but it's a start and gets your foot in the door to go offshore and make day rate. ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	24361856

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	24361857

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          ONe word that I've said is the key factor for companies in this environment: Debt.
                          YOW!!!! can you pull that same info on sandridge? I dont work for them im just curious

Comment

Originally posted by westexasagent View Post
                            Ref Chem in Odessa is letting go of people (some with 20 or more years) and cuts in pay coming. Sad.

Do you guys notice less traffic on roads here in Midland/Odessa or is it just me?
                            I havent been to midland/odessa but the new station in barnhartt used to be a nightmare. The other day there was 2 cars there and I suspect they were employees

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                              YOW!!!! can you pull that same info on sandridge? I dont work for them im just curious
                              I have to that one manually.

debt/EBITDA: ~3.2 Debt/Equity: 105.19 $3.2B debt with $590.25M cash.
                              Levered Free cash flow: -795.32M
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                ALL companies lie...Period. They say what they think employees need to hear. They have to or moral drops, production drops, then things get even worse.

If you're in oil anything or in anything that supports oil and believe what you're being told, just be prepared for disappointment. The ripple wave will go on for a few more months IMO. Good luck to everyone.

You have got to be the biggest pessimistic feller I've ever heard of. Or paranoid or maybe I'm using the wrong word there. Be positive bud. Cmon man.

Comment

Working...
                                X