Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
    Oil prices surging this morning.

$45.70 as I type

Needs to go up atleast $25 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Needs to go up atleast $25 more.

I'd be happy if it just went up another $50....

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        I'd be happy if it just went up another $50....

Yep!

Comment

Oil is inching it's way back up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another dive soon.

This may be longer than most care to read, but it has some information that you don't read in a lot of other articles.

Several of the biggest concerns driving oil prices low once again have little basis in reality and, when you look at the fundamentals, oil price recovery is guaranteed

Conclusion: Your guess as to where oil prices are heading in the next few months is as good as mine. Even though there are plenty of places to store oil, the record high U.S. oil inventories will continue to give the bears support for lower price forecasts. In my opinion, we are nearing the mid-point of the bottoming process for oil. At the beginning of the year I predicted that oil would test the lows several times during February to May, and then begin to rise. I’ve seen nothing yet to change my opinion.

In the short-term, I am expecting energy investors to remain on the sidelines until they see U.S. production growth slow and demand increasing.

By Dan Steffens for Oilprice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
            Oil is inching it's way back up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another dive soon.

This may be longer than most care to read, but it has some information that you don't read in a lot of other articles.

Several of the biggest concerns driving oil prices low once again have little basis in reality and, when you look at the fundamentals, oil price recovery is guaranteed

Conclusion: Your guess as to where oil prices are heading in the next few months is as good as mine. Even though there are plenty of places to store oil, the record high U.S. oil inventories will continue to give the bears support for lower price forecasts. In my opinion, we are nearing the mid-point of the bottoming process for oil. At the beginning of the year I predicted that oil would test the lows several times during February to May, and then begin to rise. I’ve seen nothing yet to change my opinion.

In the short-term, I am expecting energy investors to remain on the sidelines until they see U.S. production growth slow and demand increasing.

By Dan Steffens for Oilprice.com
            Good read and I agree with this. I think we are in a "bathtub" shaped recovery right now. Hopefully at least midpoint as well...

Comment

Good read. Make oil!!!!

Comment

Just heard from an old coworker that they let a bunch more folks go at the company I was working at last month.

Comment

Oil blowing back up through $50.

High is $52.48

Sure it has a long way to go but nice to see it head to $50 before the $30 - $35 range like so many experts predicted.

Hopefully the trend continues.

Comment

man, I had to lay myself off last week! getting bad out there. hopefully it starts picking back up.

have those union refinery guys that were on strike gone back to work yet? that had about 15% of the refining capacity offline

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                      Oil blowing back up through $50.

High is $52.48

Sure it has a long way to go but nice to see it head to $50 before the $30 - $35 range like so many experts predicted.

Hopefully the trend continues.
                      Saudi needs to keep up the airstrikes!!

Comment

I don't waste my time watching markets and what have you, but I do pay attention to changes. I live close to a railroad and frac sand handling facility, there is a very noticeable upswing in the number of trains bringing material into the facility, it appears someone expecting things to pick up soon.

Comment

Not related to the downturn but I saw this today and I know some of you can relate to this.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/oilfield-dad-single/id930689885# Video produced by Jason Parker at JP Production. Song written by Bryan Martin. Photos cont...
                          Last edited by Fightinaggies; 03-26-2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I have an offer to go back to west TX for more money than I left at.
                            I'm seriously considering going back now.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                              I have an offer to go back to west TX for more money than I left at.
                              I'm seriously considering going back now.
                              Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X