Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    That's just his opinion on what he thinks will happen though he doesn't make the decisions.
    exactly...it's all a smoke screen with some signals for us to filter. Just another puppet in the puzzle, but still something to take note. I think opec has every intention of doing what they can to hurt domestic production. I also think they have every intention of prolonging the pain.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      exactly...it's all a smoke screen with some signals for us to filter. Just another puppet in the puzzle, but still something to take note. I think opec has every intention of doing what they can to hurt domestic production. I also think they have every intention of prolonging the pain.

Time will tell.
      Wouldnt surprise me a bit but we will be back once demand is up and supply is down. They're just trying to be a pain in butt and know they can't keep us out for long

Comment

Commodities »
        Price % Change
        Light Crude $47.18 -2.44%
        Natural Gas $2.86 -3.02%

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
          Commodities »
          Price % Change
          Light Crude $47.18 -2.44%
          Natural Gas $2.86 -3.02%
          At least fuel is cheaper

Hope this thread got to some guys in time because the outlook keeps getting worse

Comment

At least fuel is cheaper

Hope this thread got to some guys in time because the outlook keeps getting worse
            It's not looking good for us either....Although we get to stay around little longer than drilling rigs, we aren't far behind!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Time will tell.
              Yep. As stated before, they are trying to gain back market share ( control ) and are trying to kill fracing in order to do it. I think they will strangle us until we are dead or we get our costs down low enough to compete in the upper $30s. I do think they will start to second guess themselves at a prolonged price in the $30s. I hate to be chicken little, and I sure hope Im wrong, but I think this is the "big one". The "old guys" told me about the mid '80s when I first started in a machine shop in '93 so I have always figured it was coming. At this time I am looking for ways to find work for my machine in other industries. Wont be easy in a town that does oilfield work almost exclusively.

Comment

Defintely. I just go till they say don't come back haha. At least being DD I can still get rotated in here and there.
                Yea, they're rotating us out too. 2 wells on and one off; 3 of us per rig. At least it's work. Im actually pretty sure I just took the rotation off this rig. The other guy on this rig is kinda slow and I just finished an 11 hr curve last night for EOG around Gillett. Not the normal 8 hr curves we did in Cotulla but I'll take it. The fastest this rig has ever seen. Pretty pumped. Company man talked to engineer and they both agree they don't want me rotated out anymore. I'm gonna soak this up as long as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                  Yea, they're rotating us out too. 2 wells on and one off; 3 of us per rig. At least it's work. Im actually pretty sure I just took the rotation off this rig. The other guy on this rig is kinda slow and I just finished an 11 hr curve last night for EOG around Gillett. Not the normal 8 hr curves we did in Cotulla but I'll take it. The fastest this rig has ever seen. Pretty pumped. Company man talked to engineer and they both agree they don't want me rotated out anymore. I'm gonna soak this up as long as possible!
                  Yea we were averaging 12hr around Gonzales and fastest was 9 for EOG there. Got all the plaques records and still let go. I don't trust their office guys for nothing

Comment

Hey! A man can dream can't he?!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                      Hey! A man can dream can't he?!
                      Hey man I hope it works out long term. My rigs contract is up in Feb and I bet it's let go

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Yep. As stated before, they are trying to gain back market share ( control ) and are trying to kill fracing in order to do it. I think they will strangle us until we are dead or we get our costs down low enough to compete in the upper $30s. I do think they will start to second guess themselves at a prolonged price in the $30s. I hate to be chicken little, and I sure hope Im wrong, but I think this is the "big one". The "old guys" told me about the mid '80s when I first started in a machine shop in '93 so I have always figured it was coming. At this time I am looking for ways to find work for my machine in other industries. Wont be easy in a town that does oilfield work almost exclusively.
                        Spot on...I hope you are wrong too but feel this won't be pretty for while. How long is anybody's guess.

Good thing for me personally is my new gig opportunity in the natural gas side continues to move forward & it's good to see this side not holding back...Especially with a greenhorn.

I should know something solid in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I'm sitting at home waiting on a flowback to call in. Been here 2 weeks. No layoffs yet but when your paid by the day they don't have to lay you off, they just starve you out. I've got a meeting with a recruiter today for a local job away from the oilfield. I've been in 12 years and it's done me right but I'm tired of the feast or famine, I just had a baby boy and put my wife through dental hygiene school. I'm going to take a major paycut but her job will make up for it I've got a mortgage and her car payment, a jeep toy and a boat that's paid off if I get in a financial bind. Nights at home for the first time in my working life and WAY less stress. Good luck, sianara boys, I'm out.

Comment

Yea we were averaging 12hr around Gonzales and fastest was 9 for EOG there. Got all the plaques records and still let go. I don't trust their office guys for nothing
                            Where around Gonzales were you? My family place shares a fence with the Barnhardt Ranch in Gonzales County.

Comment

At least fuel is cheaper

Looks at the historic cycles. Oil & gas has always been a boom and bust. It will come back but NOTHING in any industry makes sharp rebounds like the decline rate. Dropping over 2% a day is huge, things are not going to improve soon. Then the work will pick back up for the next cycle.

Comment

This might be like the 80s when a lot of workers who were laid off never came back. Evidence already being shown in this thread. Hard times ahead I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X