Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    The thing is most guys won't be gone from home without that "markup". I've said for years my pay isn't for the work I do it's for the time I spend away from home.
    My point exactly....the markup is not actually for work done but more a comfort factor.

For any other job not in the O/G industry for the type of similar work it would pay 25% less minimum

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      You just can't stop can you? You are just giddy with the fact so many are out of work. Speaks volumes of your character. I'm done with Ya.
      So just like your employed in the O/G field and want it $100, he can't want it $40? Funny how O/G employees get so bent out of shape when a bust comes

Comment

Intriguging article from The Economist

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          So just like your employed in the O/G field and want it $100, he can't want it $40? Funny how O/G employees get so bent out of shape when a bust comes
          I think we can all agree (or should agree) that both extremes hurt. The market will eventually find a happy medium where hopefully prices settle out at $70-$80, but until then there are gonna be a bunch of good hardworking guys and their families financially devastated by this downturn. I don't understand how people can gloat over this.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is partly due to the high markup/prices that the oilfield likes to charge/make.

People may not like to hear that, but it's the truth. If everyone would make 25% less and companies charge 25% less many more people would still have jobs....and best of all: they would still be making dang good money
            Do you actually know anything about the oilfield or are you just a keyboard warrior with an opinion formed on what you read on the internet and pay at the pump?

Comment

I don't want $100. I want a compromise.

Comment

My point exactly....the markup is not actually for work done but more a comfort factor.

For any other job not in the O/G industry for the type of similar work it would pay 25% less minimum
                Yea and you would be home everyday for 25% less.. The money has to be there to get people to do it. Take it away and very few people do the jobs which in turn will cause them to offer more to draw people out there. Who in their right mind would be gone so much to make the same money they could make at home?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  I don't want $100. I want a compromise.
                  Yep $80 is good for all of us but for the guys wishing for $30-$40 we will look at you like this
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                      Do you actually know anything about the oilfield or are you just a keyboard warrior with an opinion formed on what you read on the internet and pay at the pump?

Comment

I read this same thing last night in a different article. Hope it doesn't affect my rig.

Comment

BS shining through.? Let it work itself out!

Comment

Just burning a little gas through the choke tonight boys.. Co Man got a little ahead of himself on tryin to hurry up drilling
                            Attached Files

Comment

That just means your in the sweet spot. Lol. Starting our curve tomorrow night. Be half to be back on days for this next well.

Comment

I don't know much about oil and gas....but I do know they pay a premium for labor...equipment....... and especially land leases and surface damage! Not to mention....entertainment!

The way those guys throw money around its hard for me to feel sorry for them. I don't see other companies throwing money around like oil and gas companies. When gas hit an all time high and oil companies were making a record profit...we were all against them. Now prices drop....and we feel sorry for them. I just don't understand.

I know there is always a happy medium....but that is never in the mind of a big business owner. He will always want to make as much money as possible off of the public no matter who it affects! If you don't agree...ask them to take a pay cut so you can keep your job!!!!!! Will never happen!!!!

There is plenty of jobs out there....closer to home....closer to family...and more consistent! Don't jump on a fast wagon with a broken wheel and refuse to walk when it falls apart! Same with our government...don't depend on them to bail you out once the gravy train ends in the oil fields. Like this thread first started......save your money...invest wisely....and have a back up plan for yourself and family. If you don't...you are the only one to blame!

Comment

Working...
                                X