Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
    Hmm I am looking for something on land. Got a baby on the way and don’t want to be sitting in the middle of the ocean all of my child’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, it's all ready nerve racking being out there. Never fails, when ever something bad happens where you need to be home your on a rig. Worse yet on a rig 8000 miles away. My dad past away a little over a year ago and I was in Africa.

By the time I made it home he was no longer conscious and I never really got to say good bye while he was still coherent. And before you know it your kids are grown up, graduated and moved out. Then you look back and realize you've been gone for half their life.

But on the other hand I've made 20 years with out being out of work, even in the slowest of times which we are still experiencing in the deep water sector and with no college education and only limited high school it's provided a very good living for me and my family.

Where other wise if I'd stayed around home I'd probably never be where I am today.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
      Try James Pavlock. Think he used to be the internal buyer but I would guess they are doing most of the machining work in house right now. I used to work over there 6 years ago and bailed as I could see the writing on the wall.
      Thanks, I appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        Yep, it's all ready nerve racking being out there. Never fails, when ever something bad happens where you need to be home your on a rig. Worse yet on a rig 8000 miles away. My dad past away a little over a year ago and I was in Africa.

By the time I made it home he was no longer conscious and I never really got to say good bye while he was still coherent. And before you know it your kids are grown up, graduated and moved out. Then you look back and realize you've been gone for half their life.

But on the other hand I've made 20 years with out being out of work, even in the slowest of times which we are still experiencing in the deep water sector and with no college education and only limited high school it's provided a very good living for me and my family.

Where other wise if I'd stayed around home I'd probably never be where I am today.

Where you work buddy?

Comment

Dilling for Total in the black sea on the Noble Globetrotter ll. In Holland now assisting with a new auto trip feature. Scary concept but it's what the industry is headed towards. I'd much rather be in the stand hunting with the family though since I'm supposed to be on my days off.
          Last edited by Muddy Bud; 12-06-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Dilling for Total in the black sea on the Noble Globetrotter ll. In Holland now assisting with a new auto trip feature. Scary concept but it's what the industry is headed towards. I'd much rather be in the stand hunting with the family though since I'm supposed to be on my days off.

I hear ya. Man I need to move over to the Drilling side if you need a roustabout to work my way up to floors let me know. I worked floors on land rigs for two years now I’ve been doing ROV work for 4 years Offshore. Just wanting to move to Drilling side if I stay out here simply because there is more room to grow than ROV. Wouldn’t mind making a transit to Subsea but I know that will be a long shot

Comment

So how about that oil huh

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                So how about that oil huh
                It’s dang good right now. Work is back for a lot of folks. Gas prices are up haha. 67 bucks today. Hope it gets to 100 by end of August

Comment

Here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    It’s dang good right now. Work is back for a lot of folks. Gas prices are up haha. 67 bucks today. Hope it gets to 100 by end of August
                    Nooooo, I hope not. All my business is directly oil related. I hope its a slow and steady climb. No need to rush. The faster it climbs the harder it crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                      Yeah Boi!!!! We loaded up! Throttle down!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Still really slow in the deep water sector. The rigs that are going back to work are cutting day rates by 40-60% or more. Crazy cheap.

Comment

Still really slow in the deep water sector. The rigs that are going back to work are cutting day rates by 40-60% or more. Crazy cheap.
                          Last I heard it takes about $70 to make deepwater viable. And there is always a lag ( I know you know ). But its coming. Seriously, for all of us a slow steady climb is better IMO.

Comment

I think it will get interesting, also think OPEC will turn the faucet back on at some point. I have alot of business in the oil field and I have learned over the years to stay skeptical and conservative. It helps me stay sane. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Last I heard it takes about $70 to make deepwater viable. And there is always a lag ( I know you know ). But its coming. Seriously, for all of us a slow steady climb is better IMO.
                              The guys I know on the executive level of companies that are almost exclusively tied to offshore are saying 2020 before things break loose on that side. Almost everything they are bidding on is 2020-21. Of course, it goes without saying if things stay on the track they are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                                I think it will get interesting, also think OPEC will turn the faucet back on at some point. I have alot of business in the oil field and I have learned over the years to stay skeptical and conservative. It helps me stay sane. Lol
                                Yep. At the moment I am as busy as I can be. Cant handle any more work ( machine shop ). If it keeps climbing, yes I will make more because companies will be more desperate, but long term it will make everyone expand capacity and hire more people. Then when it slows down all that excess capacity will be scrambling for crumbs again. Same old story.

Comment

Working...
                                X