• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
    You might be!
    LOL....look at his next post!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
      2016 is not a good gauge to compare in unemployment or any type of sales growth. This time last year the slide had already began and most companies had begun and were well into their layoffs.... Also me and my family have been in the cattle business for our whole lives, we own a sale barn and buy and sale cattle for folks all over the country. No need to explain that business to me and what effects it... I also happen to own an oilfield service company and have stock in several retail business's... I don't have to do research I live it everyday![emoji1303]

It's not worth the argument and it really doesn't matter at this point! Sounds like you are doing great and we are happy for you. No need to swing in and stir the pot!!!

On another note...... I'm selling 11 pieces of equipment today in Iron Planet Auction at Texas Motor Speedway!! Big ticket items that need to do well![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]. Hopefully all goes well and we can pay a few bills and keep this company rolling through these hard times!
      Actually 2016 is correct to use as the rate is down from 2015 as I stated and same time in 2014 too. Never tried to talk cattle as I said it is cattle and not something I track. No zero about the industry. But it oil and cattle do not go hand in hand. They are both commodities and stand alone on their own supply and demands. Sorry you are selling on iron planet. Been there done that and it is nerve wracking hoping you get what you are owed or need. To be clear I didn't come here to say I'm doing great. My situation has nothing to do with why I'm here. I wanted to show what is actually happening and obviously should have known it wasn't going to be taken well. It was to rub anyone face in it or show a lack of compassion. Wanted to help which I know sounds weird. Maybe someone in bad times might realize it might take picking up the family and moving to an area that is booming for a job. Maybe next go around they have money set aside for investing in something that offsets their losses. Who knows but I feel like it is something worth discussing even though it might not but what some want to hear.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

[QUOTE=Take Dead Aim;11300136]I am absolutely not here to stir the pot.

Anytime a post starts like that, I find the person to mean exactly the opposite. That being said I'm glad your business is doing great. I may be wrong but this industry is going to come back with a vengeance and I wouldn't be shocked to see $5-$6 gas by the time production stabilizes again. I myself have some leads outside of the oil sector that would mean me working for myself so I don't necessarily want to see this.

Saying things like you did doesn't bother me at all, I have savings and can sustain my living on very little income, but tell those things to many others that can't. Say it to their kids that are doing without. Bragging about an industry hurting is a crappy stance and makes me question the person doing so. I'll leave this alone now and let you carry on with your construction, just don't be surprised when people kick you when gas is high as hell and you can't find a job to bid.
        Last edited by Death Dealer; 05-03-2016, 07:51 AM.

Comment

[quote=Death Dealer;11300192]
          Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post

I have savings and can sustain my living on very little income, but tell those things to many others that can't. Say it to their kids that are doing without. Bragging about an industry hurting is a crappy stance and makes me question the person doing so. I'll leave this alone now and let you carry on with your construction, just don't be surprised when people kick you when gas is high as hell and you can't find a job to bid.
          the thing that ****** me off about people like takedeadaim, is he portrays a world where oilfield workers are irresponsible financially.

which industries have received multi billion dollar bailouts because they were just too gosh darn important to fail?

banking and housing... that way the money keeps rolling in, and the construction guys can keep building. It must be nice for him to preach a message while effectively propped up under the government teet.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
            [QUOTE11300136]I am absolutely not here to stir the pot.

Anytime a post starts like that, I find the person to mean exactly the opposite. That being said I'm glad your business is doing great. I may be wrong but this industry is going to come back with a vengeance and I wouldn't be shocked to see $5-$6 gas by the time production stabilizes again. I myself have some leads outside of the oil sector that would mean me working for myself so I don't necessarily want to see this.

Saying things like you did doesn't bother me at all, I have savings and can sustain my living on very little income, but tell those things to many others that can't. Say it to their kids that are doing without. Bragging about an industry hurting is a crappy stance and makes me question the person doing so. I'll leave this alone now and let you carry on with your construction, just don't be surprised when people kick you when gas is high as hell and you can't find a job to bid.
            My business has no part in this. Have I saved a little at the pump sure. Has it changed my life no. I was busy before the downfall and just as busy now but none of that has anything to do with my statements. I'm actually have lost money if you look at it as gross as my family owns three wells. I didn't feel any of that was pertinent to the conversation though and left it all out. I never said I was rooting for low oil and great economy. I think there is a happy medium where everyone is doing great but we the people don't get to chose the economy. The economy is its own animal and she can be mean sometimes. At some point she is mean to all of us and it sucks equally. I think it has been hard for.people to realize I'm not rooting for low oil prices. I'm just showing how the low oil prices and the economy work together. If it was $100 oil tomorrow I would be posting what that would do to the economy as well. I wouldn't be complaining about the high prices. The only thing that upset me about high prices is have tonrun my card twice to fill my truck. I hate that most pumps stop at $99. So as long as oil keep below the price it needs to allow me to fill it up on one swipe ofnthe card I'm good.

Comment

[quote=kyle1974;11300202]
              Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post

the thing that ****** me off about people like takedeadaim, is he portrays a world where oilfield workers are irresponsible financially.

which industries have received multi billion dollar bailouts because they were just too gosh darn important to fail?

banking and housing... that way the money keeps rolling in, and the construction guys can keep building. It must be nice for him to preach a message while effectively propped up under the government teet.
              Not true at all. I have no idea what oilfield workers spending habits are and never said anything about it. That has nothing to do with my statements. I have never told anyone in my life what to do with their money. Its theirs to do as they please.

I own a excavation and utility company. 100% of my work is private. I don't do govt jobs and not sure how any of that relates in this discussion.

Comment

[quote=Take Dead Aim;11300257]
                Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

Not true at all. I have no idea what oilfield workers spending habits are and never said anything about it. That has nothing to do with my statements. I have never told anyone in my life what to do with their money. Its theirs to do as they please.

I own a excavation and utility company. 100% of my work is private. I don't do govt jobs and not sure how any of that relates in this discussion.
                after reading your posts for the past few months, I am certain that you are never able to see how you are wrong about anything.

Comment

[quote=kyle1974;11300268]

after reading your posts for the past few months, I am certain that you are never able to see how you are wrong about anything.
                  I've been wrong plenty in my life and will be again...probably today. Would be fine if someone proved me wrong on this but no one person has shown one bit of evidence as to the contrary. At this point you have done nothing but put words in my mouth and judge me having never met me.

Comment

[quote=Take Dead Aim;11300287]

I've been wrong plenty in my life and will be again...probably today. Would be fine if someone proved me wrong on this but no one person has shown one bit of evidence as to the contrary. At this point you have done nothing but put words in my mouth and judge me having never met me.
                    I just told you two cities in texas having financial issues. Schlumberger has laid off 42,000 people, and rumors are that they will lay off another 15,000. Between Baker, Halliburton, Weatherford, and NOV, that's another 100K people that have been laid off. There are hundreds of small private companies that have gone bankrupt. There are people that were making 100K+ a year and paying corresponding income tax into the federal government. Those jobs are gone now. There are many people on this thread that have had their pay cut by 20 to 50%, and thus, resulting in less taxes paid, and less spending power on their side. You want to celebrate a guy making $100,000 a year losing his job, and going to work selling forklifts at $50,000 a year? Please tell us how the economy is in austin texas, since they are probably the least influenced city in texas when it comes to oil and gas.

that was of the top of my head. But go ahead and tell me again, in the spirit of Barack Obama how "overall" the economy is booming.
                    Last edited by kyle1974; 05-03-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

On the bright side I hear minimum wage is going up. That should help.

Comment

[quote=kyle1974;11300268]

Bc he's not. Duh!

Comment

[quote;11300287]

I just told you two cities in texas having financial issues. Schlumberger has laid off 42,000 people, and rumors are that they will lay off another 15,000. Between Baker, Halliburton, Weatherford, and NOV, that's another 100K people that have been laid off. There are hundreds of small private companies that have gone bankrupt. There are people that were making 100K+ a year and paying corresponding income tax into the federal government. Those jobs are gone now.

that was of the top of my head. But go ahead and tell me again, in the spirit of Barack Obama how "overall" the economy is booming.
                          I get that there has been a huge loss on one side but the same time there has been a gain on the other. Does that make sense. Yes the oil industry is going through hail. I'm not arguing that point. That obvious to everyone. That is just slice of the pie. There are many slice that including tech, construction(homes and commercial), retail, auto etc. Low oil has made some of those stand in a better position. I still dont get why you think I'm against the oil industry. Nothing I have ever said should make you think that. Its a great industry and great for the state. It carried us through the last downfall pretty much all on its own. I'm not nor have I ever bashed the oil industry.

Comment

[quote=Take Dead Aim;11300287]

TDA, bud. Can I chime in for one post. I don't think Kyle is judging you by any means. He'll I don't know you from Adams house at but your generalized posts can be taken wrong. You may not think you're gloating or bashing us in O&G but it's hard for some of us to read post from guys that may or may not have a clue what's going on. Not saying you don't. It's tuff for all of us out here right now whether directly or indirectly affected. My family owns a big charcoal company and they have taken losses in this down turn. So it affects all of us no matter what "statistics" may say. Maybe for one sec te read what you wrote and maybe you can see why some people get offended by what is said. I didn't get offended but it def seems like you are here to stir the pot based on your posts. I hope I'm wrong but what do I know.

Comment

[quote=txoutdoorsman24;11300351]

TDA, bud. Can I chime in for one post. I don't think Kyle is judging you by any means. He'll I don't know you from Adams house at but your generalized posts can be taken wrong. You may not think you're gloating or bashing us in O&G but it's hard for some of us to read post from guys that may or may not have a clue what's going on. Not saying you don't. It's tuff for all of us out here right now whether directly or indirectly affected. My family owns a big charcoal company and they have taken losses in this down turn. So it affects all of us no matter what "statistics" may say. Maybe for one sec te read what you wrote and maybe you can see why some people get offended by what is said. I didn't get offended but it def seems like you are here to stir the pot based on your posts. I hope I'm wrong but what do I know.
                              That's the point exactly. This is an oilfield post and the affect is clear. Coming in and saying how it all aint that bad for others does not one person any good.

Comment

Boy I would really hate to see gas so high that you have to swipe your card 3 times. God forbid the inconvenience of that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X