No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they were done rubbing our noses in it. Guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      I feel for all who have lost jobs or had pay cut in the last year and wish better times for all in the industry. With that being said I come here to not say I told you so as much as to show what is to be learned from these past bard times. Many in this thread stated that the economy would go down and even crash because of low oil prices. That statement is not only not true but the opposite of what happens. We are just now going to see the positive effects of low oil prices to the ready of the country.

This next statement is not going to go over well on this thread but it needs to be stated and remembered by all. Low oil prices hurt a select few in the field of oil and oil related business' but helps the rest of the population by putting more cash in there accounts. Again I'm not writing this to say ha I told you so but more to say hopefully on the next down swing you will be prepared to handle it in the most positive way as possible. Keep a good savings account nest egg to offset any lower pay or no pay. Being in construction I can feel yalls pain over the years. Fortunately for me times are great now but they were horrendous back in 2007-2010. It will get better keep your heads up.

#clueless

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        I thought they were done rubbing our noses in it. Guess not.
        I don't understand why fools feel the need to do this? Hope karma is true sometimes though.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
          I'm going to withhold what I really want to say here but you can leave this thread now. Goodbye

Just as well bud. It would be like talking to a Hillary supporter. All you'll get is Charlie Browns teacher.

On a related note. Gettin there.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
            Come tell that to all the restaurants, car dealers, real estate agents, clothing stores, cattle auctions, dry cleaners, barber shops, building contractors, bow shops, gun shops, lakes, feed stores, banks, and sporting goods stores around anywhere in Texas.
            If all of these businesses you mentioned relied on one industry to be successful, I would argue they had a failing business model to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              If all of these businesses you mentioned relied on one industry to be successful, I would argue they had a failing business model to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                #clueless
                You might be!

Comment

Save you the trouble of the research as I am doing it constantly. Keep in mind I'm am not rooting for low oil. Don't really have a dog in the fight and even if I did I'm objective enough to see the facts for what they are.

Texas Unemployment Rate going down not up over last six months. Yes one area has taken a huge hit...mining.

Sales Tax was up 2.6% for April 2016 compared to April 2015

New homes sales rose 7.8% in first quarter across the state.

Auto sales reports come out tomorrow for GM and Ford but all are expected to be on the up tick as Nissan and Toyota reported record sales for the first quarter of 2016 on Monday.. Now how much did you want to bet?

As far as cattle prices go in relation to oil....well there is little to no relation. They are both commodities and work on their on supply and demand. Don't keep up with cattle prices because they don't have an effect on economy as a whole but I would be willing to bet that coming off the high prices following drought that prices would fall with a bumper crop of calves and good grass on the saturated ground across the state. Lots food would equal lower prices. Along with number of head being sold.

2016 is not a good gauge to compare in unemployment or any type of sales growth. This time last year the slide had already began and most companies had begun and were well into their layoffs.... Also me and my family have been in the cattle business for our whole lives, we own a sale barn and buy and sale cattle for folks all over the country. No need to explain that business to me and what effects it... I also happen to own an oilfield service company and have stock in several retail business's... I don't have to do research I live it everyday![emoji1303]

It's not worth the argument and it really doesn't matter at this point! Sounds like you are doing great and we are happy for you. No need to swing in and stir the pot!!!

On another note...... I'm selling 11 pieces of equipment today in Iron Planet Auction at Texas Motor Speedway!! Big ticket items that need to do well![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]. Hopefully all goes well and we can pay a few bills and keep this company rolling through these hard times!

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                    You might be!

Last edited by JW; 05-03-2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I sure hope the broom industry doesn't take a hit, alot of these guys will be in trouble when they can't get a new one to push.
                      Last edited by Robert; 05-03-2016, 06:59 AM. Reason: ,

Comment

Show some effing compassion for Friends and Family. It's fairly easy to see by taking 10 mins. to read this thread, that a lot of people have been affected. Good People.

Comment

If higher oil means higher cattle prices, I will jump on board. 40% decrease in the past 8 months on cattle is tough.

Comment

I feel for all who have lost jobs or had pay cut in the last year and wish better times for all in the industry. With that being said I come here to not say I told you so as much as to show what is to be learned from these past bard times. Many in this thread stated that the economy would go down and even crash because of low oil prices. That statement is not only not true but the opposite of what happens. We are just now going to see the positive effects of low oil prices to the ready of the country.

This next statement is not going to go over well on this thread but it needs to be stated and remembered by all. Low oil prices hurt a select few in the field of oil and oil related business' but helps the rest of the population by putting more cash in there accounts. Again I'm not writing this to say ha I told you so but more to say hopefully on the next down swing you will be prepared to handle it in the most positive way as possible. Keep a good savings account nest egg to offset any lower pay or no pay. Being in construction I can feel yalls pain over the years. Fortunately for me times are great now but they were horrendous back in 2007-2010. It will get better keep your heads up.
                            Go start your own thread, internet Jesus.

I love all you guys that have incredible insight almost 2 years after something started.

The city of Alice just announced a 10% pay cut for all city employees. The city of corpus christi announced an almost 10 million dollar shortfall in sales tax revenue. Looks like the oilfield crash is helping everyone. Much like most people in the industry realize, there is going to be a delay to the rest of the economy. Enjoy your $14 savings at the pump.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 05-03-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I am absolutely not here to stir the pot. Just trying to have a real life discussion on the economy and the side effects of oil prices. I never said it wasn't hard for a huge indsurty of people. I had 197 employees in 2007 and by Jan 2010 was down to 4 plus me. I've been right were some of you are at today and probably worse off. Talk about a life changer. Cost me a ton of money, marriage, and changes me as a person. Still sure if the changing of me was a good thing or not but I definitely have a different personality.

I apologize. As I stated in the beginning I did not come on here to rub it in anyone face. I came back to try to show that there are positives to lower oil and maybe next time around some could have investments that offset all or some of the losses. Obviously I was wrong for thinking that anyone might want to see another side of things and have a true discussion. I get that it is not the same as $100 oil but there are ways to lesson the blow if invested properly. I do find it funny that not one person starting back 6 months ago until today has yet to provide one bit of backup backingbthe point that the economy across Texas or the US is worse off. I'll say again that I'm not rooting for $30, $50, or $120 oil, I'm just trying to show the actual picture of what is happening. I could careless where the oil price is as it truly doesn't matter to me personally. If it was at $100 today I would be fine with that and along with that I would change my economical outlook accordingly. You can say I don't have compassion and you'd be wrong. I get that it is not a great discussion to have and not easy for some to have at this time but it is reality.

Comment

Obviously I was wrong
                                I agree with you.
                                Last edited by kyle1974; 05-03-2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X