Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's all speculation.

at the end of the day, there were 2000 rigs in north america drilling wells a little over a year ago. Right now there are around 850. These shale wells have steep decline curves, and much of the lifetime production of the of the well occurs in the first 6-18 months. Supply will eventually taper off.... the global population isn't getting any smaller, some middle eastern country will go to war with someone, and demand will increase again.

Comment

sad to hear about all you guys losing work and laying off people, at least this market decline provides opportunity to buy oil stocks cheap for the long term, that's the one bright side. hopefully some of you have been saving cash for buy-in opportunities that are going to be popping up over the next 6-12 months. you might be able to be your own boss if it plays out well.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Lot of work about to kickoff around Lake Charles and where I'm headed this week over around Convent Louisiana. It's refinery fellas and if you're oil field or pipeline I know that sucks, yes ya gotta shave and wear FRC but it's a job. This gig is actually the highest paying job I've ever had in my life. I'll be leaving this week. Once I get there and settled I'll keep checking and see what comes up. I'll post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Lot of work about to kickoff around Lake Charles and where I'm headed this week over around Convent Louisiana. It's refinery fellas and if you're oil field or pipeline I know that sucks, yes ya gotta shave and wear FRC but it's a job. This gig is actually the highest paying job I've ever had in my life. I'll be leaving this week. Once I get there and settled I'll keep checking and see what comes up. I'll post it here.
          Very generous and I'd like details when you get them.

Comment

Common, shaving and FRCs aint that bad if the pay is high! Hope all goes well for ya

Comment

Corpus Christi is going nuts also...

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                Corpus Christi is going nuts also...
                been hearing the same thing.

Comment

Freeport, TX and Sweeny, TX is too.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

That's the one thing that blows my mind... Guys won't take a job because shaving or FRC? Christ when I went to Kennedy you couldn't wear a fiberglass lid and it was FRC there. Paycheck is a paycheck if it's on the ROW or in the plant!

I'm in OCD in Freeport and while its FRC there is guys wearing beards, one even has the full mountain man beard going. Work is picking up a lot around here for sure
                    Last edited by Russ81; 02-09-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                      That's the one thing that blows my mind... Guys won't take a job because shaving or FRC? Christ when I went to Kennedy you couldn't wear a fiberglass lid and it was FRC there. Paycheck is a paycheck if it's on the ROW or in the plant!

I'm in OCD in Freeport and while its FRC there is guys wearing beards, one even has the full mountain man beard going. Work is picking up a lot around here for sure
                      That's a matter of perspective, now days I would be hard pressed to take a job where I had to be wearing frc just to show up, now if I looked like a poster child for unicef I'd probably have a different attitude about it.

Comment

Guess this downturn isn't as bad as we thought it was...

Comment

A lonely drilling report this morning. Just one of our rigs is drilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                            Guess this downturn isn't as bad as we thought it was...

I'm sitting in a refinery in Corpus Christi wearing nomex,
                            I guess I better call the head office and complain that I'm too good for this...

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                              That's a matter of perspective, now days I would be hard pressed to take a job where I had to be wearing frc just to show up, now if I looked like a poster child for unicef I'd probably have a different attitude about it.
                              Theres some really lightweight stuff out there so it doesn't bother me. 10 cycles through the wash and it's read to go

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Theres some really lightweight stuff out there so it doesn't bother me. 10 cycles through the wash and it's read to go
                                Bingo! Summer time I wear fishing shorts and shirts under my coveralls. One zip and I'm heading to the bays to fish after work

Comment

Working...
                                X