Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    I listened to a lady on the radio the other day talking about how we have to import due to our refineries not being able to process the sweet crude we are producing from fracking. Any truth to that?
    yes, a lot of the refineries were set up for heavier crude. in the past 3-4 years though, there have been new units being constructed to refine the lighter crude from the shale play areas.

Comment

Here is a sad story.... At least to me it is ...lol. I always said I would never get into the oil patch but I did and for the last 10 years its was good to me but now I want out and I can't get away from it. It seems like as soon as a prospective employer sees the oil related job history I'm out. I know a lot of guys are out there looking and not getting any thing so I really should not be crying about it ( but I am any way) I want work near home and lay my head down in my own bed for a while. There will be a few out there who know what I am talking about..... Pity party over ...carry on with the I can't believe I can't open carry where ever

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Here is a sad story.... At least to me it is ...lol. I always said I would never get into the oil patch but I did and for the last 10 years its was good to me but now I want out and I can't get away from it. It seems like as soon as a prospective employer sees the oil related job history I'm out. I know a lot of guys are out there looking and not getting any thing so I really should not be crying about it ( but I am any way) I want work near home and lay my head down in my own bed for a while. There will be a few out there who know what I am talking about..... Pity party over ...carry on with the I can't believe I can't open carry where ever
        Interesting? You can't just quit? Y

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          Interesting? You can't just quit? Y
          I think it is more that an employer knows the oilfield is down right now and worried about a potential hire going back to the patch when it picks up. If you leave when it is busy in the patch I don't see it as an issue.

Comment

Ok my bad, I apologize and thanks for clarifying. I worked on the refining ending but that's very different.

Comment

In these times would you quit a job if you did not have another one to go to. That's not real smart. If I can't find a new job while I have a job why quit and starve. I mean sure I can just go home but them what. Not looking for pity just a little flustered. I made the choice and I have to deal with it I was just venting a little

Comment

X2. I have gotten where I don't even want to talk to patch welders no matter how good they look because they snub 50K+ and employee + family health insurance and guaranteed 40 hours + and say "that's all?" I know that even if they take the job I will spend a couple of years training them and they will quit and go back to the patch as soon as it turns back up. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                  X2. I have gotten where I don't even want to talk to patch welders no matter how good they look because they snub 50K+ and employee + family health insurance and guaranteed 40 hours + and say "that's all?" I know that even if they take the job I will spend a couple of years training them and they will quit and go back to the patch as soon as it turns back up. Sad but true.

I'm just looking for a normal salary job now with benefits etc. I'm tired. Mentally. It'll be over a 50% paycut per year but I don't care. I'll be home. I'm sure as soon as something comes up I'll have to make atleast one more run on a project out of state. But I plan on it being it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    I'm just looking for a normal salary job now with benefits etc. I'm tired. Mentally. It'll be over a 50% paycut per year but I don't care. I'll be home. I'm sure as soon as something comes up I'll have to make atleast one more run on a project out of state. But I plan on it being it.
                    Ragin gets it. I'm not looking to make the same money I'm ready to take a 50-60% pay cut to be home. It just gets worse all the time 1st I had to deal with roughnecks now it's pipeline welders.lol

Comment

Ragin gets it. I'm not looking to make the same money I'm ready to take a 50-60% pay cut to be home. It just gets worse all the time 1st I had to deal with roughnecks now it's pipeline welders.lol
                      I'm right there with Yall. I have had enough of being gone. Almost to a point I can take the pay cut and be just fine.

Comment

Try 8 months in Pecos TX that will make you wonder where you went wrong in life.

Comment

Try 8 months in Pecos TX that will make you wonder where you went wrong in life.
                          That's almost as bad as having to winter in North Dakota 2 hours from any town in a man camo 2 years in a row.

Comment

I spent a year in Watford City ND. I will take that over Pecos any day

Comment

I spent a year in Watford City ND. I will take that over Pecos any day
                              Watford isn't bad. We were north of Williston.

I don't mind Pecos. Worked in that area a lot.

Comment

It's not that bad

Comment

Working...
                                X