Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    Oil is under $36... Hate to see this... Is it possible the US government is in collusion with the Saudis to tank oil prices in an attempt to hurt the Russians??
    I'm sure it is a added benefit to them, but I don't think US gov't is in partnership with Saudi to make it happen. I think more a result of huge expectation of increased production and stored Iranian oil, increased US production, and slowing of Chinese economy. Also at lower prices many OPEC members have to produce more to try and get all the money they can. It's a snowball effect.

Comment

We are stacking a couple more after the next holes.

Comment

The odd thing about Obama and energy, is that none of the "green" energy is cost effective when oil and gas is this low. Recall one of those left wing moon bats saying they wish gas would be $5 a gallon in order to make alternative energy cost effective.

It's ironic that Obama praised gas cost increases because the low prices at the end of the Bush administration was due to a failing economy, but now it's due to his enormous success?

Comment

Operator I'm drilling for is expected to cut a couple more rigs very soon....Hope I can weather the storm!

Comment

I have to make some tough decisions next week with our business and some folks we employ! I've held on too long to some of them and it's hard to pull the trigger on these things when these folks have helped my company for so long!!! It's sad times and a bad time of year to be doing this stuff!!!!!![emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
              I have to make some tough decisions next week with our business and some folks we employ! I've held on too long to some of them and it's hard to pull the trigger on these things when these folks have helped my company for so long!!! It's sad times and a bad time of year to be doing this stuff!!!!!![emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]
              Hate to hear that.

Our project is supposed to be good down to $40 and I have a feeling if the sub $40 oil stays past he first of the year our investors may pull the plug and sit us at the house. Been a good run and I feel fortunate to have made it this past year with no hiccups but it's just a matter of time I believe

Comment

Hate to hear it, but sometimes you gotta let people go so you can stay afloat and still be viable when things pick up again. ( and re-employ more people )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  Hate to hear it, but sometimes you gotta let people go so you can stay afloat and still be viable when things pick up again. ( and re-employ more people )

Yes sir I know but it's still no fun!!'

I have a lot of good people!!!

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Really sorry to here this amigo. Its a tough situation to be in as a company owner. Im sure they now you don't want to do this if you've kept them this long.

Ive stayed off this thread due to the sadness it brings and because some MF's have no heart. Just knowing the tough times my TBH brothers and others are in is a major bummer for me.

If it helps anyone the Industrial industry around Corpus is crazy right now. Im in Fire & Safety sales now and this division of the company is growing weekly. The company hired me and my ex boss to start it 6 months ago. Im happy to say we are doing well. Were still not making profits due to the amount of inventory we had to purchase but were steady inching at it.

There is hundreds of job opening for scaffold builders, painters, blasters, single hand welders, fitters, electrical & instrumentation, hydro blasters, chemical techs, etc etc. Basically if you want a job to help you get by these tough times then Corpus has one for you. Most are paying per diem as well. You will not get payed like you were in the field patch but at least you can put some food on the table.

Companies that are hiring now and some that will be for sure in January....

Brand, Brace, Evergreen Enviromental, Veolia, Miller Enviromental, Sage Enviro Tech, Rabalais I&E, Hemi Systems, MMR, and many many others.

If you need any local contact numbers for these companies let me know.

Good luck and god bless you my brothers.

Ray
                    Last edited by Poco; 12-12-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Chin up Keith...making the hard decision & acting on them accurately is crucial amigo. Stay focused & do what you gotta do for the future. So sorry!!

<><

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Chin up Keith...making the hard decision & acting on them accurately is crucial amigo. Stay focused & do what you gotta do for the future. So sorry!!

<><

Thanks brother I appreciate it!

Comment

Hang in there! We're having to do the same, two more companies let their rigs go, that means two full 3 man crews have nothing to do.

Comment

Thanks brother I appreciate it!
                            Yep its pretty rough. That initial round you have some slackers that needed to go anyway. As this has worn on there have been a lot of GREAT people with GREAT families we have had to let go. It has been a rough year and knowing you are doing the right thing definitely doesn't help with the personal part of the job.

Good luck I hope you come out ok in the long run for you and your employees/friends.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              Yep its pretty rough. That initial round you have some slackers that needed to go anyway. As this has worn on there have been a lot of GREAT people with GREAT families we have had to let go. It has been a rough year and knowing you are doing the right thing definitely doesn't help with the personal part of the job.

Good luck I hope you come out ok in the long run for you and your employees/friends.

Thanks

Comment

I got married on Oct 4th 1986...got laid off Dec 17th 1986 from Schlumberger. Timing stunk but I never blamed the company for that. People were getting laid off that entire year so I was glad I made it as long as I did. It ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me because it made me search something else out career wise. As a former business owner, I understand how tough it can be to let good people go. Best of luck to you and those that end up looking for new work.

On another note, going through Refugio yesterday and a new station there had diesel for $1.69 so I stopped and topped off the tank. Another more established station up the road had it for $1.79. I never thought we would ever see it that cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X