Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    ...and the jack wagon has returned. Jmalin, you are a twit of a person to make such a comment on this particular thread & I personally hope tbh casts you away like a soggy shrimp from a hook that has lost hope of even a hard-head or piggy perch. You are simply trollish beyond measure under the circumstances here.

I'm not even going to go back and quote the simple posts you CLEARLY disregarded of my friends here on this thread being impacted. I thought even you would have some sort of compassion of their situation, but now I have to point out ONE municipal collapse being felt in the city of Alice, TX...come on down & tell us FTF how little the impact has affected a city where back in Feb I could not find a place to eat at noon without having the boss jump our arse for being late getting back in time due to crowds.

You take that & multiply it towards all facets of business to hotels, doctors, grocery stores, foreclosures on homes, families having to relocate...should I go on??

You are freak'n clueless and mostly insensitive to an entire mass of good people living in a city that just happen to be tied to an industry you feel deserve an unjustified suffering simply because the OG industry is volatile & you want gloat that is not a state wide catastrophic economic problem??

I really feel sorry for you...hope you can come to grips with your inner self & hopefully one day be able how to present your feelings / arguement without being such a jack leg.
    And that just happened. Well said artos! Seriously jmalin, what's you're deal?! I decided to stay out of the debate with ragin and denowt, but you.....dead gum son! I would seriously love to meet you in person.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      And that just happened. Well said artos! Seriously jmalin, what's you're deal?! I decided to stay out of the debate with ragin and denowt, but you.....dead gum son! I would seriously love to meet you in person.

Lol!!!! Bro don't let that get under your skin. I got one that wants to roll. But he knows I'm in Ohio and asked me to drive to him. Lmao. People like that aren't even worth your time or effort bud. It's fun to watch em keep quoting you tho. Like you even care. Hahahahahaha

Comment

Well, just got back from PA and OH, we just won back a bunch of work and the same is being done in the Mid-Con. Keep chugging along guys, in Dec we had some serious things come slap us upside the head. Thank goodness quality work and great relationships pays. Hope everything keeps working out for everyone. I apologize to folks who have PMd me, I will get back with yall tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          Well, just got back from PA and OH, we just won back a bunch of work and the same is being done in the Mid-Con. Keep chugging along guys, in Dec we had some serious things come slap us upside the head. Thank goodness quality work and great relationships pays. Hope everything keeps working out for everyone. I apologize to folks who have PMd me, I will get back with yall tomorrow.

I'm in Ohio now. Bout to head over to PA in about 10 mins.

Comment

My wife is on a few different city boards here in our town in South Texas and it is a fact that this region has been hurt. Just go ask anyone who owns a hotel or restaurant how much their business is down. Go ask any machine shop in the state how they are effected also. There may not have been a statewide economic collapse but there is definitely a shrinkage in our state economy.

I don't understand the childish gloating for the economic troubles of any industry in our state, be it oilfield or agriculture or construction or whatever.

Comment

Stands ovation for Artos!!!!!!
              If I ever meet you sir, I owe you a round of drinks for that well put arse handing

Comment

Thanks guys, I've been reading this for the last hour, and now my TPS reports are going to be late.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                  So, where's the collapse in the Texas economy so many were predicting back in January and February?
                  And if you'll go back no one predicted a collapse.... But rather a hefty slow down... Do a little research son and tell us what you come up with!

Comment

I have been following this thread since it started. It’s really hard for me to believe that so many people are happy about the prices of oil being so low. I come from two generations of oil field workers. I work in a gas plant. There are so many people and lives that are being affected by the low prices that it’s not even funny. The sad part about it the main people that I have seen being affected that I know are the ones that have been with the oil field their whole life. These people have sacrificed being away from their families for weeks and even months at a time so that all of you who say thank god oil is low can drive your arse to work or keep your homes warm or cool while you are there with your families and they are out tripping pipe or completing a well in the freezing cold or the scorching heat. So yes please cry and moan that prices are too high and blah, blah, blah, but remember at the end of the day the guys that brought all these luxuries to you and have worked their tails off and sacrificed so much are losing their jobs everyday so that you can say "that you are happy prices are low". Yes they make great money but when you sit back and look at the realm of things they spend half of their lives on the water or in the middle of a pasture or the deserts of west texas. Each and every one of you that say they make too much could have gone and done the exact same thing. But you probably didn’t want to work that hard or be gone from your families. So instead of despising the guys that do it you should thank them. In no way am I looking for a fight here, nor am I trying to single anyone out these are just my thoughts.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by rlwenzel View Post
                      I have been following this thread since it started. It’s really hard for me to believe that so many people are happy about the prices of oil being so low. I come from two generations of oil field workers. I work in a gas plant. There are so many people and lives that are being affected by the low prices that it’s not even funny. The sad part about it the main people that I have seen being affected that I know are the ones that have been with the oil field their whole life. These people have sacrificed being away from their families for weeks and even months at a time so that all of you who say thank god oil is low can drive your arse to work or keep your homes warm or cool while you are there with your families and they are out tripping pipe or completing a well in the freezing cold or the scorching heat. So yes please cry and moan that prices are too high and blah, blah, blah, but remember at the end of the day the guys that brought all these luxuries to you and have worked their tails off and sacrificed so much are losing their jobs everyday so that you can say "that you are happy prices are low". Yes they make great money but when you sit back and look at the realm of things they spend half of their lives on the water or in the middle of a pasture or the deserts of west texas. Each and every one of you that say they make too much could have gone and done the exact same thing. But you probably didn’t want to work that hard or be gone from your families. So instead of despising the guys that do it you should thank them. In no way am I looking for a fight here, nor am I trying to single anyone out these are just my thoughts.

Ryan
                      You make it sound like they did it as a public service. They did it for the money and for no other reason...lol. I have nothing against oil field workers and have lots of family that are being affected by this. I don't wish hard luck on anybody but I get tired of people trying to make it out to be something it's not. It's no more noble a profession than the guy that built the phone or computer you're typing on, or the guy that plumbed the toilet you used this morning. They did those things for the same reason people work in the oil field....MONEY.

Comment

Originally posted by rlwenzel View Post

Ryan
                        thank them? For what? They are making a living and providing for their families just like the rest of us.

Comment

I have been watching this thread since the start. It amazes me how some people think. I worked in the oil fields years ago when I was younger. I didn't like being away from home half my life. My younger son has been in the oil fields most of his life. Thank the Lord he is still working. But everyone should be thankful that the oil workers are willing to sacrifice half there life's for their jobs. We should stop bashing and think about what it would be like if they all quit the oilfield and we didn't have the oil for all of our convenience.

Comment

Whats the name of this thread?

Comment

Guys like happened earlier in the thread don't feed the trolls.. They're just here to stir crap up and it's obvious when they show up with nothing positive to add and just try to get a rise out of people. It's always the same guys and we almost lost the thread at one time before it was cleaned up.
                              Last edited by bphillips; 07-20-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                                You make it sound like they did it as a public service. They did it for the money and for no other reason...lol. I have nothing against oil field workers and have lots of family that are being affected by this. I don't wish hard luck on anybody but I get tired of people trying to make it out to be something it's not. It's no more noble a profession than the guy that built the phone or computer you're typing on, or the guy that plumbed the toilet you used this morning. They did those things for the same reason people work in the oil field....MONEY.

I think money is why we all work!

Comment

Working...
                                X