Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    My point is that ya really got no business throwing your bs opinion around about what other people do. Especially if your not in it. Which is totally typical of someone like you. I don't get your beef with us.

No beef, just tired of hearing complaints about being gone from home when oil is booming, then complaining about being at home when oil is down.

I never singled you or anyone else out, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to attack, but that shouldn't surprise me about you.
    Almost every thread you post in involves you insulting/demeaning someone else who has an opinion different than yours.
    You've already baited me into more of an argument than I intended, since you failed to give any facts and can only attack someone who doesn't agree with your opinion.

Good day to you. I hope you find happiness one day.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

[quote=denowt;10278827]No beef, just tired of hearing complaints about being gone from home when oil is booming, then complaining about being at home when oil is down.

I never singled you or anyone else out, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to attack, but that shouldn't surprise me about you.
      Almost every thread you post in involves you insulting/demeaning someone else who has an opinion different than yours.
      You've already baited me into more of an argument than I intended, since you failed to give any facts and can only attack someone who doesn't agree with your opinion.

Good day to you. I hope you find happiness one day.[/

Great cheap pops. You don't know me dude. Or how happy I am or am not. You say no facts but day your tired of people complaining etc. well the fact is most of us get sick of people like you running your mouth about something you know nothing about. The other fact you keep on running your mouth about, you're apt to end up on the bad side of one of these rough necks. But hey keep it up. It's not my business if one of em skull drags you.
      Last edited by JW; 07-18-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Against my better judgement, I'll ask you another question.
        Where was I "running my mouth" and not stating facts?

If I know oil guys that are sitting at home right now, how is that "running my mouth"?
        I said nothing bad about ANY oilfield guy, other than them complaining about being out of work now because they quit a good job to chase oil money, and now the oil money is drying up.
        Chasing oil money was their choice and now they have to live with that choice.
        But I made no judgement about their choices.
        But the fact remains, there are people who stayed in non-oil jobs who are still getting a paycheck right now and there are people who left those jobs for oil that are not receiving a paycheck right now.

If that FACT ****** you off, then that's not my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
          Against my better judgement, I'll ask you another question.
          Where was I "running my mouth" and not stating facts?

If I know oil guys that are sitting at home right now, how is that "running my mouth"?
          I said nothing bad about ANY oilfield guy, other than them complaining about being out of work now because they quit a good job to chase oil money, and now the oil money is drying up.
          Chasing oil money was their choice and now they have to live with that choice.
          But I made no judgement about their choices.
          But the fact remains, there are people who stayed in non-oil jobs who are still getting a paycheck right now and there are people who left those jobs for oil that are not receiving a paycheck right now.

If that FACT ****** you off, then that's not my problem.

Lol. Ok Mr. Obvious you're right dude. You keep on. Like I said no real skin off my nose, good chance it'll come of yours one day though.

Comment

No beef, just tired of hearing complaints about being gone from home when oil is booming, then complaining about being at home when oil is down.

Good day to you. I hope you find happiness one day.
            You sound like you may have lost some low wage employs to the O&G industry?

Comment

Ragin' cracks me up. If I worked in a refinery before, does that count as the oilfield?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Ragin' cracks me up. If I worked in a refinery before, does that count as the oilfield?

Close enough! That's where I spent over half of my career. Note I said Oil and Gas. A lot of folks have been from upstream to downstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Close enough! That's where I spent over half of my career. Note I said Oil and Gas. A lot of folks have been from upstream to downstream.
                  I got into the chemical/petrochemical industry now. Thought about going into the oilfield, but they didn't pay enough. Lol. It's pretty finding work in I/E down here.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I got into the chemical/petrochemical industry now. Thought about going into the oilfield, but they didn't pay enough. Lol. It's pretty finding work in I/E down here.

I/E is a jam up field to be in. You can go into all spectrums of Oil and Gas plus outside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      And he'll loose them again when it picks up. Some of us were cut out for this business and some like him were not. Yes there is some wining on abou being gone from home and family and missing out on alot of stuff but my family knows that's part of the game. I have been doing it their entire life. And will continue to do it till I can't go anymore. Thats the work ethic of a oil hand. He should get some.

Comment

I think I get where denowt is coming from...

I know quite a few East Texas guys that left teaching/coaching for the oil field...and it was good. However they got in on the end of it and a few even burned a bridge by leaving school at the 1/2 semester. Now they are out due to the fall off and many had to wait until contract renewal (which is at end of school year/summer) to try and get back in an ISD job. They fussed about being gone compared to sleeping in their beds at but but they was BANKING compared to a teacher job.

I can see how it hit them and wish the OG field had stayed up...a few may never go back to teaching but the majority I know 5-10 they will be back in classrooms this fall.

Now if the OG hits again I bet they are gone

Just saying to say I think I know where denowt was coming from according to my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                          The thing that bothers me about this type of thinking is this: Why is it a bad thing for someone to want to better themselves and their family? I pay better than most of my competitors, but less than other jobs in my industry. I can't afford to pay consultant wages to a technician. But if that same tech got an opportunity as a consultant making more money and left my shop, I would be happy for the guy (provided he gave me a heads up). If it didn't work out, and he was a good hand AND I needed the help, I would rehire him. I don't see a problem. When I hire, I hope they are awesome employees and stay for a long time, but I have to face the reality that people will leave for better pay or even for better opportunities for advancement or sometimes they leave simply for a change of pace. That is just the way life works.
                          Great post! If they are improving themselves and their family good for them. Good hands come and go and are always welcome back if I have a spot for them when they realize the grass isn't always greener.......

This sounds like the real problem and beef to me....... He's lost some good hands to the Oil field and is a touch bitter about it!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            This sounds like the real problem and beef to me....... He's lost some good hands to the Oil field and is a touch bitter about it!
                            I've lost some good hands to the oilfield. I'd hire most of them back if I could. Good hands are hard to come by these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              I think I get where denowt is coming from...

I know quite a few East Texas guys that left teaching/coaching for the oil field...and it was good. However they got in on the end of it and a few even burned a bridge by leaving school at the 1/2 semester. Now they are out due to the fall off and many had to wait until contract renewal (which is at end of school year/summer) to try and get back in an ISD job. They fussed about being gone compared to sleeping in their beds at but but they was BANKING compared to a teacher job.

I can see how it hit them and wish the OG field had stayed up...a few may never go back to teaching but the majority I know 5-10 they will be back in classrooms this fall.

Now if the OG hits again I bet they are gone

Just saying to say I think I know where denowt was coming from according to my experiences.
                              This is pretty much what I was saying.
                              Guys left good jobs to chase the oil money. Now they're sitting on their couch waiting for a phone call to go back to work.
                              That's not my opinion.
                              That's not me "running my mouth" about oilfield.
                              That's not me trying get skull drug by some big ****** roughneck.
                              That's just the simple, apparently hard to accept for some, truth.

Unfortunately I'm not a business owner, so you would be wrong.
                              Doesn't really matter though. A lot of those "low wage employees" are currently not employed by the oilfield either.

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                              Great post! If they are improving themselves and their family good for them. Good hands come and go and are always welcome back if I have a spot for them when they realize the grass isn't always greener.......

I never faulted anyone for bettering themselves by chasing a higher paying job. But many are now sitting on their couch. How is that "better"?

As stated, I don't employ anyone, so that's not it.
                              By all means, the following does not apply to all oilfield employees, but my "beef" is with the guys who bought all these toys while making all this money while snubbing their noses at their friends and neighbors who stayed at their good jobs.
                              The oil guys calling them stupid for working for such low wages at their crappy little job in their crappy little town.
                              Now those big shot oil guys are sitting on their couch, wishing they could work at one of those crappy small town jobs.

If you're not one of those guys that talk crap about anyone NOT in the oilfield, then none of this applies to you.

There isn't a profession that I can think of that doesn't have someone talking crap about it.
                              I don't understand why the tough oil guys seem to be the ones who get the most butthurt over it though.
                              They can talk down to others that don't make their level of money, but come unglued if anyone dares to talk about them.

Comment

This is pretty much what I was saying.
                                Guys left good jobs to chase the oil money. Now they're sitting on their couch waiting for a phone call to go back to work.
                                That's not my opinion.
                                That's not me "running my mouth" about oilfield.
                                That's not me trying get skull drug by some big ****** roughneck.
                                That's just the simple, apparently hard to accept for some, truth.

Unfortunately I'm not a business owner, so you would be wrong.
                                Doesn't really matter though. A lot of those "low wage employees" are currently not employed by the oilfield either.

I never faulted anyone for bettering themselves by chasing a higher paying job. But many are now sitting on their couch. How is that "better"?

As stated, I don't employ anyone, so that's not it.
                                By all means, the following does not apply to all oilfield employees, but my "beef" is with the guys who bought all these toys while making all this money while snubbing their noses at their friends and neighbors who stayed at their good jobs.
                                The oil guys calling them stupid for working for such low wages at their crappy little job in their crappy little town.
                                Now those big shot oil guys are sitting on their couch, wishing they could work at one of those crappy small town jobs.

If you're not one of those guys that talk crap about anyone NOT in the oilfield, then none of this applies to you.

There isn't a profession that I can think of that doesn't have someone talking crap about it.
                                I don't understand why the tough oil guys seem to be the ones who get the most butthurt over it though.
                                They can talk down to others that don't make their level of money, but come unglued if anyone dares to talk about them.
                                I can understand your frustration. The people you concearn yourself with do not represent the O&G industry as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X