Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
    I'm hearing that the deep pocket players in south texas are drilling and completing wells and then capping them while costs are way down with suppliers. Drill cheap and wait for prices to come up before producing, like putting money in the bank. I'm not in the business, just heard that from guys that are.

True! A lot of companies are drilling them and NOT completing them with drilling rig cost way down.... This is what we should see pick up pretty soon if the price trend continues. There are a ton of drilled wells waiting to be fracked and complete yes. I had this very conversation with our Chesapeake guy in Carrizo a few weeks ago. We will be crazy busy when they start completing those wells!!!

Comment

As I have stated previously, I am on the manufacturing side ( machining ) of a small oil tool company so I dont know much about the process. After they drill the wells, are they casing them and then leaving them? You cant leave it uncased, right? We make quite a few liner hangers ( and cement heads etc ) and things have slowed but we have held on pretty well. Maybe they are casing em then will run a liner ( when needed ) later?

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
        True! A lot of companies are drilling them and NOT completing them with drilling rig cost way down.... This is what we should see pick up pretty soon if the price trend continues. There are a ton of drilled wells waiting to be fracked and complete yes. I had this very conversation with our Chesapeake guy in Carrizo a few weeks ago. We will be crazy busy when they start completing those wells!!!
        We are patiently waiting for wells to be flipped over to completions. We will be crazy busy as well . Can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          We are patiently waiting for wells to be flipped over to completions. We will be crazy busy as well . Can't wait!!!

That's my line of work! I sure hope they pick up soon

Comment

[/HTML]
            Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
            That's my line of work! I sure hope they pick up soon
            We have been solid all year but not like last summer. What do you do

Comment

Completion fluids I run a mixing plant and was a field supervisor before the layoffs

Comment

Seems like it is on its way up for good this time by articles I have seen.

What is it at today?

Comment

Ng $3.06

Comment

Wti- 59.75

Comment

we are seeing more steady purchasing from us on the downhole bearing side of the patch. deliveries have gone from 2/day to 6-8.

Hope it continues

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Seems like it is on its way up for good this time by articles I have seen.
                          This means a top (maybe just a short term one) is in.

Either way I bough a bunch of LINE for the dividend. And although oil may drop a little from here I hope it holds $50-55 and then goes up from there.

Comment

We're running crane support for a Encana site in karnes co. Looks steady but I bet not as hopping like a few years ago.

Comment

This gal certainly isn't optimistic about the future...

Comment

Yeah, those peckerwoods post stories all day, every day, from every angle, good and bad. They must have a minimum quota for number of stories they have to post or something because one minute, its "The sky is falling!" and the next minute, its "Happy day are here again!" They just like to stir up controversy and volatility...or they just like to hear themselves talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X