No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about two months ago the company I was working for decided that is was time to cut head count...42 people...luckily my manager figured out a way to keep me on the payroll as I found out the following day after the layoffs that I was on the chopping block...needless to say I was speechless because of the amount of revenue that I produce each year and my terribly low salary for the work I did....it didn't make sense to me...it bought me enough time to find another job out of oil and gas completely. I have been at my new job for a week and am already so greatful to be out of the industry. I pray that something turns around quick for all of you guys and gals still in it.

Comment

Weatherford offered early retirement before doing layoffs. Expected 12% of employees to volunteer, 20% did and they had to tell a bunch of them that they couldn't retire.

Comment

Above $56 today. Up almost $3.

I like the way that looks

Comment

we need to get to 72.00 for significant turnaround to happen IMHO.

Comment

Im a mud engineer and so far have made it. There were 8-10 guys let go in the east TX/N. LA division and we have taken some paycut on our dayrate. As of wednesday I was transferred to OKC division and will be starting a high profile job for Devon. Spud meeting tomorrow! While it sucks to have to make the drive Im thankful I was handpicked to do it. Time to make a hand boys and lets keep praying for a turnaround and a call back for our other brothers that are at home.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
              we need to get to 72.00 for significant turnaround to happen IMHO.
              That's good news and bad news. What do you think happens when they start completing the ~1k wells that are ready right now without demand justifying it?

Comment

Thought I seen a h&p rig leave their yard earlier. I have a friend that has gotten calls about putting in a bid on some down hole tools for some rigs coming out of the yard later in the month.

Comment

Yep HP542

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
                    Yep HP542
                    Great news

Comment

We had some hands off of a triple that just got stacked working on a double that was going to go out for some holes just get laid off. I guess the production company was not ready to make the investment yet. Up to around 180 hands gone so far. Only 4 turning to the right now.

Comment

Highest its been in awhile! Maybe it has hit its lowest point?

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          That's good news and bad news. What do you think happens when they start completing the ~1k wells that are ready right now without demand justifying it?
                          good question. I think due to the oncoming summer vacation months demand will increase and reduce supply. This happens to some degree every summer.

Comment

Price is looking better.. Sadly job outlook continues to look worse

Comment

I sure as heck like that EIA report of oil only rising 1.3 million barrels instead of the expected 4 million barrels! And the. Gas inventory dropped over 2 million barrels. These trends keep happening and we'll be at $70 oil sooner that later. Keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

How's everyone doing? Yall disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X