Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Took another pay cut... Wasn't as big as I expected but it's still inching towards the point of not worth being away. It's about a 22% total cut now
    That ain't no good.

Comment

Are any of these big companies laying off hundreds also selling the trucks they drove? I'm in the market for a one ton dually to put one of our welding bodies on. I'm not seeing anything special on autotrader etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
        Are any of these big companies laying off hundreds also selling the trucks they drove? I'm in the market for a one ton dually to put one of our welding bodies on. I'm not seeing anything special on autotrader etc.
        yes, but a lot go directly to wholesalers. Before anyone was laid off, a lot of the big companies were getting rid of vehicles.

schlumberger took vehicles away from hundreds of employees a week ago or so. Almost all of them are purchased/leased through fleet services so they would be the ones who are managing the sell. I would expect to see a LOT on the market in the next coming months.

Comment

Our company is about to have our 3rd round of Layoffs tomorrow. Praying for people and their families.

Comment

Auto auction places are handling a bunch of that stuff from what I have heard around here.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              yes, but a lot go directly to wholesalers. Before anyone was laid off, a lot of the big companies were getting rid of vehicles.

schlumberger took vehicles away from hundreds of employees a week ago or so. Almost all of them are purchased/leased through fleet services so they would be the ones who are managing the sell. I would expect to see a LOT on the market in the next coming months.
              All of ours are through a leasing agency as well. I couldnt even buy my own company truck when they retired it.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                IMO I wouldn't want a "used" oil patch truck. Very few guys treat them like their own. Ya know. Usually see company trucks being driven a 100 MOHs down the worse roads in south Texas. Just look around and you might be able to find a gently used truck. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Took another pay cut... Wasn't as big as I expected but it's still inching towards the point of not worth being away. It's about a 22% total cut now
                  Don't be whining about 22%. I took a 100% pay cut. Be happy you are still working.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Don't be whining about 22%. I took a 100% pay cut. Be happy you are still working.

X2

Comment

X2

Comment

Think a lot of guys went to the oilfield for the money but cost of living had them behind from the start. Some guys were trying to make a living but trying to catch up at same time, we are talking family type guys. Then the clowns that are proud of being "oilfield trash"...well no sympathy for people that profess to be trash joke or not if you spent everything you made and had chance to save but didn't then your right where you need to be! I have been in oilfield since I was 16 and now I'm 52 and have never been trash but darn sure not country clubbing either. Those that are hurting I feel for you if you have families to support, young guys that think they created the oil field here's your reality check!

Comment

X2

Comment

I am for now but much more and it won't be worth it. I saved and prepared for this and there's gotta be enough $$ in it to justify being gone from home over 250 days a year for me. Thanks though

Good luck with the search

Comment

Comment

More BS

Comment

Working...
                                X