No announcement yet.

2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a cull mulie shot this morning by Matt. I saw a real nice 4x4 but we couldn't get a shot. Goin back after it tonite.

Comment

Shot the best mulie buck we have seen on our place in fisher co in 7 years this morning. Not a giant by mulie standards but a good buck. He did not have forks on either back time we see that on a lot of our mulies. He had a couple does he was courting

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        How's the hunting in the full moon?
        Sucked!

Comment

We had two culls shot on the ranch last night. First deer that have been shot all year. Maybe it's getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
            Sucked!
            That's what I was figuring. We took care of crosbyton last night to make it to the final four in the full moon. Decided just to stay home with the family instead of watch nada. Plus for some unforeseen circumstances my blind needed some rest.

Albany this Friday will probably keep me from hunting this coming weekend. So shine moon shine!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
              That's what I was figuring. We took care of crosbyton last night to make it to the final four in the full moon. Decided just to stay home with the family instead of watch nada. Plus for some unforeseen circumstances my blind needed some rest.

Albany this Friday will probably keep me from hunting this coming weekend. So shine moon shine!!!!
              I saw you were taking a break from x and o charts and video to think about deer. Quiet without you here. Keep up the good work, we are definitely pulling for you guys.

Comment

Anybody seeing any rut activity near Lakeview or mulberry it just seems like nothing to me

Comment

2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Big aoudad down this evenin in clarendon by a good friend of mine 32 inchs long and 14inch bases! Hes killed just about everything there is to kill besides a giant aoudad and id say he got one. Pics really dont do him justice. REALLY cool animals. Free range by the way. Im in the camo jacket

Comment

Wow great aoudad bud. What an awesome specimen.

Comment

That's an awesome aoudad. Definitely on my bucket list.

Comment

That's a big sheep!! Very nice Matt!

Comment

Great job to all the boys who have punched tags! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys. They sure are smart critters. Espcially the big old ones

Comment

What's the fog doing to everyone this morning. Been real slow near McLean.

Comment

Shot a doe this morning in Kent Coty. Broke out the AR and sat in a friends blind. Never killed anything with the AR and was not seeing anything at my feeders doe wise so I thought that I would give it a go. Caught her going across a canyon rim east of the blind and after maneuvering around a tight 4x4 blind, I final got a shot off at about 140 yards. She was quartering towards me and looking at the blind, but I got lucky and put the bullet right where it need to go and took the top of her heart out. She made it about 50 yards. I am not a gun hunter and rarely shoot a rifle so this was pretty special for me. Had a lot of fun doing this and was a little shocked when she fell. Fist kill for the AR also. Good doe, 84#'s dressed which is good for our country. Not much else seen. Small buck Sat. morning, nothing last night and 5 does this morning. Buddy winged a decent mature decent 8 with his bow this morning, but only got about 3" penetration. I think he hit the leg bone as he said the buck had a bad limp when he left and slowed to a walk. No blood on the arrow and no blood found. Probably back. At it again next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X