Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice now later may be a different story

Comment

Our hunt is over before it started today. Dad has been blowing stuff out both ends all night. Waiting for the "all clear" so we can get home.

Comment

Killed three rattlebugs within the first five hours of arriving to my place. All within 20 yards of my wife and kids. Owned this place five years now and only seen four total. All four this year. Be careful boys.

Saw four whitetails and a hog last night. Seems perfect this morning with north wind. At least until the wind begins to BLOW. Best of luck to all.

Edit: But I think we're in lockdown now too.
        Last edited by kry226; 11-23-2014, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Hearing some shots around me this morning. I'm back in the bow blind to see what comes by. Wind is perfect for me. Nothing so far.

Comment

Nothing moving here either.

Comment

Man, Shane, that sucks. Hope Ray gets feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                Ditto. That's rough.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                  Killed three rattlebugs within the first five hours of arriving to my place. All within 20 yards of my wife and kids. Owned this place five years now and only seen four total. All four this year. Be careful boys.

Saw four whitetails and a hog last night. Seems perfect this morning with north wind. At least until the wind begins to BLOW. Best of luck to all.

Edit: But I think we're in lockdown now too.
                  I've killed 4 at my house this week.

Comment

Bad juju.

Comment

Not a thing moving this morning for me. BP 29.45 means they shouldn't be moving if you put any stock in the barometer.

Comment

I was skunked and my dad had one doe come in clean up the corn amd bed down for a couple hours. I figured it would be slow when i looked at the barometric pressure this morning.

Comment

Me too. Nothin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                            Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                            Ditto. That's rough.
                            Yeah, it was a bummer. The bad wind had already blown through Dumas. It was still windy when we left, but nothing like how it was in Amarillo and Lubbock. Might have seen something today. I surfed the dirt storm all the way back to Abilene. Blowing through here now.

Comment

At it again. Still windy and we're getting a few sprinkles, but my TC tells me a 3yr old buck ran by this stand chasing at 1:30 this afternoon.

Anyone else trying their luck in this stuff?

Comment

Sitting in Childress county right now. Seeing plenty of doe and young bucks but not a single mature buck has even showed on cameras yet. Really seems weird but this is our first year on the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X