Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has something to do with barn animals…JK

Comment

Spend a month working 12 hours a day with a few hundred of your closest friends, watching the sun go down and come back up without slowing down or taking a break. Sacrificing your body, schoolwork and sanity to build something only to see it all go up in flames as soon as you finish.

Do that and you won't need any more explanation about the aggie spirit.

Kevin W. Perry
      Class of 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
        Aggs take it to another level. 12th man, corp of cadets, yell leaders (male cheerleaders), the BTHO of whoever their opponent is that week, the whole "whoop" thing, the hatred to "TU", saw'em off bumper stickers, etc.
        You just see it more on a Texas website,,,,,,Go to an LSU game and wear the opposing team gear,,,,, you will have thousands of people hollaring "Tiger Bait" anywhere you go! go to Florida and you will have everyone doing the hand chomp. UT or Tu guys hate the Aggies just as much if not more on here!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Aggie Spirit:
          From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
          From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
          Well said.

-john class of '88

Comment

I was fresh out of the Corps when I went to college so when I went to check out schools the whole Aggie thing kinda cracked me up. I went to school to get an Engineering degree and didn't give a crap about football, school spirit, or any of that crap.

Take my money, teach me the subject material, and give me my diploma when I complete it and then don't call me.

Comment

'96. btho Usc

Comment

Aggs take it to another level. 12th man, corp of cadets, yell leaders (male cheerleaders), the BTHO of whoever their opponent is that week, the whole "whoop" thing, the loathing of "TU", saw'em off bumper stickers, etc.
                This is exactly why we love it so much. The Aggie network is a family, with a support base miles wide. When something happens to one, it affects all. Its a brotherhood not unlike the one here on the green screen.....TBH on steroids if you will

Comment

It's like a school wide frat. I guess if that's your thing...

Comment

I don't understand the whole 12th man thing.. I mean, I know what it's all about but it seems like half the universities in the US have a 12th man?

Comment

Aggs take it to another level. 12th man, corp of cadets, yell leaders (male cheerleaders), the BTHO of whoever their opponent is that week, the whole "whoop" thing, the loathing of "TU", saw'em off bumper stickers, etc.

You need to go visit Tuscaloosa and watch a CFB game from Bryant Denny Stadium. Some of them Alabamians are waaaaaay over the top
                      i.e. - Harvey Updyke and Phyllis from Alabama

same can be said for the LSU drunken' faithful on a Saturday night in Death Valley

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Aggie Spirit:
                        From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
                        From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
                        Sounds a lot like the free masons

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                          I was fresh out of the Corps when I went to college so when I went to check out schools the whole Aggie thing kinda cracked me up. I went to school to get an Engineering degree and didn't give a crap about football, school spirit, or any of that crap.

Take my money, teach me the subject material, and give me my diploma when I complete it and then don't call me.
                          There have been many a people get an interview or a job because of being an aggie. Especially engineers. It's a tight network and if you live in texas, it is very beneficial to have an aggie ring in a lot of cases. Not saying ut isn't the same but if it is I don't hear that much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                            I don't understand the whole 12th man thing.. I mean, I know what it's all about but it seems like half the universities in the US have a 12th man?
                            Reinforces the collective importance of being an aggie. Humerous to anyone that isn't one. Congrats, you went to a state funded public institution, like the vast majority of other college grads that weren't born into wealth, knew someone important, or had outstanding grades and test scores.

Comment

I wish UT was more like A&M with this. They really look out for each other, they will hire each other and treat each other with a lot more respect than what I see from UT alumni.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with you. I came, I saw I looked outside and in, walked the halls and through the whispering oaks. I have been on the inside and the outside.
                                To me it's people wanting to be part of something. Personally I have never needed that but to each there own.

Comment

Working...
                                X