No announcement yet.

What's with aggie pride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No different than any other school (highschool, college, etc) or any other professional/ non professional sport.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Aggie Spirit:
      From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
      From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
      No better explanation than this.

'08

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Aggie Spirit:
        From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
        From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
        BINGO

The University is unlike any place in the country. Ive been to other campus and there is nothing like the Aggie spirit. The Aggie Network is unlike any in the entire world. Tradition, honor, respect are truly engrained into every Aggie through the traditions and expectations of the University. They arent just words to Aggies.

If you've never been, you'd never understand.

Texas A&M is just different. Just like TBH.

C'O 08

Comment

It's like trying to explain to an anti why you like hunting so much.

Whoop!

Comment

No doubt about it. They are a loyal, fanatical group...ain't nothing wrong with that, and the school backs it up! I admire their pride and devotion.

...but...it's getting so that you never hear any good Aggie jokes anymore! Dangit!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Meh same could be said for a lot of the TU guys I know.
              Fixed that fer ya....

Comment

Well,there will be people that are fanatical or cult like for just about anything.

I bet if you look around you see more UT or LSU stuff around than Aggie stuff. Shirts, stickers on cars ETC.

I bet there are a lot more aggie in your life that you know...not all are fanatical...but we are still proud of our school, what its traditions stand for.

People that are super fanatical about anything, and yes, even Aggies worry me a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by rage-n-cajun View Post
                  No different than any other school (highschool, college, etc) or any other professional/ non professional sport.
                  Aggs take it to another level. 12th man, corp of cadets, yell leaders (male cheerleaders lol), the BTHO of whoever their opponent is that week, the whole "whoop" thing, the loathing of "TU", saw'em off bumper stickers, etc.
                  Last edited by JMalin; 08-28-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Hows this for a Aggie joke
                    Their first day of class is Labor Day
                    lol.

Comment

Easy.

It's called "compensating." ha, ha.

But in all honesty, the year my son spent there as part of the Corps of Cadets, Fightin' Aggie band and Air Force ROTC was one of the best experiences of his life, and prepared him exceptionally well for his career at the Air Force Academy.

As an SFA graduate, it's tough for me to admit that they really have their Sh*# together in College Station. The bragging is over the top, but for the most part they can back it up.
                      Last edited by Limbwalker; 08-28-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                        As a casual observer, one could get the idea that the devotion aggies have to all things A&M is fanatical at best, borderline cultlike at worst. Why does being an aggie define the lives of so many aggies?
                        Because they were all taken to the basement of DG Hall and shown the monkey skull.

Comment

Answer me this question?

Why are they so many people who scream Aggie yet when you ask them the year they graduated they say Blinn or oh my friends went there? I have a friend who is everything Aggie. Never took a freaking class. Now her future husband has all Aggie stuff and I don't even think he went to college. Always saying btho out of whoever. Baffling to me

Comment

I don't understand any college pride ... mine took all my money (and a bunch that I did not really own) and gave me a mediocre education at best.

Comment

Its a brotherhood bound by tradition. Those who have never walked through the live oaks or the hallowed hallways do not have the capabilty of understanding.

Somewhat like the bonds formed here on the greenscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                Fanatical,cult like?..Who knows..I know this,they take care of their own,just like we do on TBH...I've seen it first hand,..on both sides,and been a participant...I dig it,..totally dig it!
                                I have a lot of Aggies that are good friends. Have you ever seen two Aggies on the outs?

It's brutal at times!

Comment

Working...
                                X