Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codie View Post
    How do you know what deer were where during the stages of flooding? Current Trail cams or previous years history?
    Most likely he saw them from the airboat while he was bowfishing for monster gar in the backwaters. He has his honey holes that produce year after year and when the flooding started the deer move to the next highest ground until they get forced from there. We see similar things near Liberty, when the bottoms get flooded along the river they head to the Levee which is about 20' high and 10 miles long to protect the city from flooding. If the levee goes under it is 2-3 miles to find dry land again.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
      Most likely he saw them from the airboat while he was bowfishing for monster gar in the backwaters. He has his honey holes that produce year after year and when the flooding started the deer move to the next highest ground until they get forced from there. We see similar things near Liberty, when the bottoms get flooded along the river they head to the Levee which is about 20' high and 10 miles long to protect the city from flooding. If the levee goes under it is 2-3 miles to find dry land again.
      Spot on! I went in there and looked at them with the airboat. they would bail off and swim a big half circle. I wish i could have legally darted some of them. it would have been easy to do. heck i could have just roped them and given them a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
        I hope the best for you. Let us know what you see when you can get back to the property. If the deer survived there is no doubt in my mind they will return. I've also seen deer swimming the Ms. river in north La. where the river is over a mile wide. Plenty of current. So they are capable but I appreciate your concern.

Keep us posted.
        Man i sure hope you are right. thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Thanks everyone, always helpful. I hope the deer made it and come back to your place.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Spot on! I went in there and looked at them with the airboat. they would bail off and swim a big half circle. I wish i could have legally darted some of them. it would have been easy to do. heck i could have just roped them and given them a shot.
            Sorry to hear this. I hope they didn't drown, that's the worst option. Let me know when you get back on the gar, I still want to book you for a trip.

Comment

Crossing my fingers

Comment

I feel like they will pile back in, I had a ton of deer pushed up on one place when the river got up to about a 1/2 mile from my place. Those deer have disappeared since it receded. I know there will definitely be some big deer that got moved around and may relocate to that new territory, but I think the majority will return to normal patterns
                Last edited by Tshelly; 07-12-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I'm still waiting on the hogs to go back to their normal patterns and leave!

Comment

Hurry up deer season and god bless garguy. Reread whole thread today. I love reading your stories

Comment

I'm waiting till the last minute to reread the thread. By now I have forgotten over half of what I have learned so it will be like reading it for the first time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        Sorry to hear this. I hope they didn't drown, that's the worst option. Let me know when you get back on the gar, I still want to book you for a trip.
                        I am on a bunch for rod and reel fishing. dont know if you want to do that. I know we talked but i just cant remember.

Comment

great read

Comment

one of my favorite threads ever on here

Comment

GarGuy,
                              How do you go about making your vanilla corn?
                              I read that you spray yourself amd limbs with it while baiting and hunting.
                              So do you toss out your corn then spray it? Or pour some of your vanilla solution in your bucket first?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                GarGuy,
                                How do you go about making your vanilla corn?
                                I read that you spray yourself amd limbs with it while baiting and hunting.
                                So do you toss out your corn then spray it? Or pour some of your vanilla solution in your bucket first?
                                I mix it about 1-4 vanilla to water in a spray bottle. I sometimes put a little in a bucket of corn but usually just pour a bag of corn on the ground and spray it. I ALWAYS spray myself down good before walking in though.

Comment

Working...
                                X