No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story and greater buck! Garguy, cherish each hunt with your dad. My prayers sent for his good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome story & buck! Hope your dad gets better!

Comment

Great story Garguy! Congrats on the buck and great memory!

Comment

Great story and prayers for you ol man to get well soon.

Comment

Well, I can tell the pressure from folks scouting in the DCNF is starting to effect deer. My sanctuaries are already on fire. One spot (pile of hand corn) took 1366 pics in the past two days. Close to 1000 of them were daylight and virtually all were bucks. At least a dozen different bucks taking turns bumping each other out of the corn all day long!

Comment

That's awesome! Pile em up[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Well, I can tell the pressure from folks scouting in the DCNF is starting to effect deer. My sanctuaries are already on fire. One spot (pile of hand corn) took 1366 pics in the past two days. Close to 1000 of them were daylight and virtually all were bucks. At least a dozen different bucks taking turns bumping each other out of the corn all day long!
                im going to help your cause this weekend and probably bump some deer to your sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                  im going to help your cause this weekend and probably bump some deer to your sanctuary

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Garguy, Amazing thread to say the least. Fantastic read. I am wanting to begin apply your advice immediately as I have had poor success in east Texas outside of the rut. You shared that you use tent blinds in the thick stuff. Do you brush these in heavily?
                    I also read that you sometimes just have to get in quickly and stealthily so what kind of blind/ stand do you deploy in this type of strategy? I hunt in Shelby county, on 1000 acres we have bucks at feeders at night but no daylight sightings so I am eager to apply your proven strategies.

Comment

Tent blinds or loc ons. I hate the zippers on tent blinds. Loc ons that have been up a while are great.

Comment

Hey Gar Guy thanks for the great info! Quick question. How often do you get busted while hunting in close like you do? Does the vanilla seem to do the trick for you even if the wind changes on you or is calm? Do you use any other scent control stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                          Hey Gar Guy thanks for the great info! Quick question. How often do you get busted while hunting in close like you do? Does the vanilla seem to do the trick for you even if the wind changes on you or is calm? Do you use any other scent control stuff?
                          I may get busted once or twice a year but some years i never get busted. Im extreme about having the wind right. there is no such thing as no wind.

Comment

Steve, you ever tried the Ozonics with the pop ups? I sure have had good luck with it in a pop up.. Not so much in an open blind or tree stand... That deer I killed last weekend was about as directly downwind of me as he could get... Of course I OCD on scent free too, but that machine sure seems to help me on close sits for deer.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Steve, you ever tried the Ozonics with the pop ups? I sure have had good luck with it in a pop up.. Not so much in an open blind or tree stand... That deer I killed last weekend was about as directly downwind of me as he could get... Of course I OCD on scent free too, but that machine sure seems to help me on close sits for deer.
                              I dont have one but I am positive they work.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                I may get busted once or twice a year but some years i never get busted. Im extreme about having the wind right. there is no such thing as no wind.

Agreed. The wind thing is absolutely pivotal. If I get busted it's typically entering or exiting. Getting seen is WAY BETTER than getting smelled. Occasionally I'll get aggressive and hunt what I call the edge of the wind, but never ever under any circumstance will I intentionally hunt the wrong wind. If the wind shifts, I get down.

So many threads here I read about guys being concerned because "the wind is blowing straight to the feeder", but almost never read mention of wind blowing to the direction the deer are coming from. I have killed many deer with my wind blowing straight to the corn pile. I don't know that I've ever killed one with the wind blowing towards the bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X