What deer feeder do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
    i agree on the redneck timer. But they went out of business and I cant find them anymore.
    Dang I hate to hear that. That timer has been flawless and easiest timer I have ever used. Only downside to it is it did not have a battery charge indicator. Glad I bought an extra.

Comment

dang!! thats a cool feeder. You could raise rabbits in that sucker!!

Comment

buy a real metal feeder with The Timer, solar panel, Eliminator and 12v battery and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
          My cows would rub on the side of it and push it over. Then it'd be a big pig pipe. I'd name it a cow pipe.
          I stake them down you don't just set it out.

I have plenty of cows, coons, and pigs. Zero issues. I was skeptical when I bought the first one and now its the only thing I will purchase. Too easy to fill and very durable.

Comment

Boss Buck.
            Home made.
            Academy metal drum with one piece 8 foot legs.
            These are what I use most and have had most of them for a few yrs now.

My 1200lb Boss Buck is like 6 yrs old now, and for 3 of those years there was not a feed pen around it. I've had one of the academy feeders for prolly as long. Original legs lasted one season.

Biggest thing I think in making one last is anchoring the legs and having solid legs. Not so much as a one piece leg or anything but strong enough they don't want to bend.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
              Boss Buck.
              Home made.
              Academy metal drum with one piece 8 foot legs.
              These are what I use most and have had most of them for a few yrs now.

My 1200lb Boss Buck is like 6 yrs old now, and for 3 of those years there was not a feed pen around it. I've had one of the academy feeders for prolly as long. Original legs lasted one season.

Biggest thing I think in making one last is anchoring the legs and having solid legs. Not so much as a one piece leg or anything but strong enough they don't want to bend.
              I went cheap on a couple last year of the Academy game winner feeders. Bought four and two timers didn't make the first deer season. Did you have any issues with their timers? Everything else seems fine.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                dang!! thats a cool feeder. You could raise rabbits in that sucker!!
                Lol

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                  Yes sir!!!! it is out of the world. Best feeder I have ever owned. They aint cheap but you get what you pay for.

I have 4 capsule feeders that I paid something like $6000.00 for by the time I added the protien troughs.

They are setting behind my barn. After 3 years of fighting them I finally gave up and bought 4 Lamco feeders.

They stay plugged. They advertise that corn will last twice as long and on this point I agree. They so seldom go off that your feed will last a long time.

I bought a bunch of Texas Hunt product winch up feeders 3 years ago as well. they have never pluged up ..... Not one time

If I remember right, the capsule feeders come with a 20 year warranty.
                  That being said, if some one wants these capsules I have I will sell them for $500.00 a piece and you can have them go through them and fix them up.

Most likely they will end up on my next brush pile and I will get to enjoy watching them burn

Comment

I have a couple Monarch 350# barrels. One has their timer and one has an All Seasons timer. Both with eliminator plates. Been going strong for 6 year now. Keys for me is tying the legs into a t post so the cows can't tear them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      I have 4 capsule feeders that I paid something like $6000.00 for by the time I added the protien troughs.

They are setting behind my barn. After 3 years of fighting them I finally gave up and bought 4 Lamco feeders.

They stay plugged. They advertise that corn will last twice as long and on this point I agree. They so seldom go off that your feed will last a long time.

I bought a bunch of Texas Hunt product winch up feeders 3 years ago as well. they have never pluged up ..... Not one time

That being said, if some one wants these capsules I have I will sell them for $500.00 a piece and you can have them go through them and fix them up.

Most likely they will end up on my next brush pile and I will get to enjoy watching them burn
                      Im loving my Capsule. Ive never had an issue at all with plugging up. Buddy of mine has had many years with his and has had no issues. Ive got mine set up for 8 seconds. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        I went cheap on a couple last year of the Academy game winner feeders. Bought four and two timers didn't make the first deer season. Did you have any issues with their timers? Everything else seems fine.
                        Yup game winner that's the ones I have/had.
                        I thought the timers crapped out cause they got wet when the pigs rooted the legs out so far they collapsed. Took them about a week to topple it. Had some good photos of it. They only rooted under two legs for the most part and got it to topple. Like they knew what they were doing.

Anyway I replaced them with the 6 volt feeder motor/timer ""pancake" if u will" thingy with an optional 6 volt power panel. Got those from Native Outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
                          Yup game winner that's the ones I have/had.
                          I thought the timers crapped out cause they got wet when the pigs rooted the legs out so far they collapsed. Took them about a week to topple it. Had some good photos of it. They only rooted under two legs for the most part and got it to topple. Like they knew what they were doing.

Anyway I replaced them with the 6 volt feeder motor/timer ""pancake" if u will" thingy with an optional 6 volt power panel. Got those from Native Outdoors.
                          I put THE TIMER in mine since and they have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

Hey, I will take them off your hands for you and in trade, make you some acetylene bombs for your next Bon fire

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              I put THE TIMER in mine since and they have been fine.
                              Heard those are good

Comment

Working...
                              X