No announcement yet.

The Most Stupid thing I've Ever Done...or close to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow as not funny as that is, that is still hilarious. I am glad you were not injured other than getting paint in your face.

Comment

Ed,

I am glad you are ok. I always thought you used Grecian Formula to keep the gray out.

At what point in this ordeal did your wife lose it and start laughing?

Comment

Classic.

Comment

Ed,

We saw the Can's LDP of you, how about a LDP of the can?

Comment

I'm glad everyone got a laugh out of it. I posted it because 1) after the initial shock, it was obviously very funny, and 2 ) based on the posts of those that have done similar things, I thought some of you might learn from it, of course I realize that someone on this thread will do the same thing at some point in their life and as soon as they hear the bang, they'll remember this thread. 3) it's hard for anybody that finds out about it to threaten to share the story or the photo since I've already shared it with the world.

Just don't push it too far, remember, I'm the one that got thrown out of .... oh wait a minute, many have gotten thrown out of there under former management.

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
            Ed that should be your new avatar.
            Great idea Jason. Maybe I can get snakelover to do his custom work on it.

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
            looks like your wearing those glasses with a mustach and a nose!
            I looked back at the pic and you're right, now that's funny.

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
            your black hair covered your grey and it shaved off about 10 years made you look younger
            Thanks for the compliment. If I ever get a complex about my age, I know what to do about it.

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
            He should be given infraction points if that isnt his avitar within the next 12 hours!!
            Not to worry, the mods took care of that for me

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
            AND .... under his name they should replace "8 point" with "Picasso" or "Michelangelo" .
            Now there's another good idea, unfortunately your suggestions for the name weren't "Picasso" or "Michelangelo" weren't taken. Obviously the mods had seen or heard about the paint jobs on my two new blinds.

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
            Hey - it could be worse! Hmmm, well...OK. Maybe not. I guess when you think about it, that's about as bad as it gets.
            Yes, it could have been much worse. If I hadn't closed my eyes before the paint got to them, I'd have had more serious problems. I didn't get one spec of paint in my eyes, Head & Shoulders yes, but no paint.

Originally posted by Spike View Post
            Lesson in life learned !Bet you won't do it again !Just glad you're pride was the only thing that got hurt.
            Definitely, but even though the pride was hurt a bit, I've obviously made the most out of the circumstances. Reminds me of a signature line I read somewhere.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Just for the record, Ed. The proper instrument for that particular type of destruction is a 2X4 with a nail drove through it, and the proper method is to swing the paint can at the sharp object.......thus the paint going away from the redneck.
            Yea, what do you know? Who's the "Redneck" in this place? How many other guys do you know with that in their avatar? If I'd thought about the 2x4 and nail, I probably would have tried it but not the way you suggested.

However, I'm sure your post was the inspiration for one of our moderators.

Hard to believe I'm a bigger redneck than Dale!

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
            That's funny Ed....glad you weren't hurt. I agree that pic should be your new avatar.
            Done deal.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            No use havin' a contest... Ed wins!!

Whoooooooahhhhhhh!

What did I win?

I will say you got some 'nads posting THIS much detail on here... That pic is sure to pop up somewhere else at just the right time.

But thanks for sharing!
            Glad you're OK.
            Next election, class reunion, retirement party, sanity hearing? What's more public than the net combined with an email to your friends?

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
            Will you use that one as your avatar?
            Whether I want to or not!

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
            I am sorry Ed, but all I can say is I am glad you were not Seriously hurt. But,,,, ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Sounds like something Scott would do
            That thought has already crossed my mind. (Sorry Scott).

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            That picture will be a TBH legend at some point.........Can't figure out if you just got done working in a coal mine or joined Marilyn Manson on tour :-)...........Glad you are ok.......
            Also could be a chimney sweep.

Originally posted by Outcast View Post
            Glad ur ok! I wore an eyepatch for about two weeks when I was a kid. Red paint at that
            Very thankful I didn't have that issue.

Originally posted by Double L View Post
            Ed, Ed, Ed. Some things you just shouldn't tell.

Glad you weren't injured...that makes it funny as heck. I didn't know you were hunting around Mason. I go thru Mason on the way to my lease near London. Which direction is your lease from Mason?
            I figured it would get out some where, some time, when I least expected it so might as well have fun writing it up and posting in myself.

I'm between Mason and Brady a couple miles past Katemcy.

Originally posted by doncom View Post
            Ed, looking good so far. A can or Green and and Can of Brown and you'll be ready for the season and you won't even need to paint the blind.

Glad you're ok.
            Don't need green and brown when hunting in a ground blind. Congrats on the Master Mason installation. Dad was a mason.

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
            Ed glad your ok! Remember it's all about the Video! That little stunt would have earned an instant 10 grand! "If you've ever used an axe to dispose of a can of spray paint - you might be a redneck!"
            Think if I did a re-enactment they would buy it?

Originally posted by thearrower View Post
            Ed.....I am just glad you were not hurt. I had the bottom come out of a sack with Spray Paint in it at Lowes 2 weeks ago. One can got a hole in it when it hit the pavement and the paint got black paint all over my shoes and my pants along with the parkinglot and other products I had purchased. I was lucky I was not close to other people or cars. It happened too quickly to react....So, I know something about the feeling you had when it hit you.

Really happy you were not hurt badly.
            I just don't think there's any comparison. Your's had to be much more embarrassing in the parking lot. At least I had time to think about what happened before everyone else knew

Originally posted by Devin View Post
            Thanks for giving us an example with which to teach our kids, Ed.

I always try to be a good role model. In this case I was a good role model of what not to do.

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
            You'd be absolutely camoflaged in a pop-up...glad you're okay...
            Darn, somebody finally figured out what I was really doing. Now that I know how to get it off, I'm considering marketing it as "Face Paint for Blacked Out Blinds"

Originally posted by TrickyOlGus View Post
            Ed,

I am glad you are ok. I always thought you used Grecian Formula to keep the gray out.

At what point in this ordeal did your wife lose it and start laughing?
            You haven't seen me in a while if you haven't seen my gray hair. Sandy was sorta walking on egg shells until she found out I was ok and wasn't upset. Then she asked, "where's the camera? I've got to get a picture of this!".

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
            Ed,

We saw the Can's LDP of you, how about a LDP of the can?
            I need to go find it. Sandy threw it away before I got cleaned up and I haven't located it yet.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              I'm glad everyone got a laugh out of it. I posted it because 1) after the initial shock, it was obviously very funny, and 2 ) based on the posts of those that have done similar things, I thought some of you might learn from it, of course I realize that someone on this thread will do the same thing at some point in their life and as soon as they hear the bang, they'll remember this thread. 3) it's hard for anybody that finds out about it to threaten to share the story or the photo since I've already shared it with the world.

Just don't push it too far, remember, I'm the one that got thrown out of .... oh wait a minute, many have gotten thrown out of there under former management.

Great idea Jason. Maybe I can get snakelover to do his custom work on it.

I looked back at the pic and you're right, now that's funny.

Thanks for the compliment. If I ever get a complex about my age, I know what to do about it.

Not to worry, the mods took care of that for me

Now there's another good idea, unfortunately your suggestions for the name weren't "Picasso" or "Michelangelo" weren't taken. Obviously the mods had seen or heard about the paint jobs on my two new blinds.

Yes, it could have been much worse. If I hadn't closed my eyes before the paint got to them, I'd have had more serious problems. I didn't get one spec of paint in my eyes, Head & Shoulders yes, but no paint.

Definitely, but even though the pride was hurt a bit, I've obviously made the most out of the circumstances. Reminds me of a signature line I read somewhere.

Yea, what do you know? Who's the "Redneck" in this place? How many other guys do you know with that in their avatar? If I'd thought about the 2x4 and nail, I probably would have tried it but not the way you suggested.

Done deal.

Next election, class reunion, retirement party, sanity hearing? What's more public than the net combined with an email to your friends?

Whether I want to or not!

That thought has already crossed my mind. (Sorry Scott).

Also could be a chimney sweep.

Very thankful I didn't have that issue.

I figured it would get out some where, some time, when I least expected it so might as well have fun writing it up and posting in myself.

I'm between Mason and Brady a couple miles past Katemcy.

Don't need green and brown when hunting in a ground blind. Congrats on the Master Mason installation. Dad was a mason.

Think if I did a re-enactment they would buy it?

I just don't think there's any comparison. Your's had to be much more embarrassing in the parking lot. At least I had time to think about what happened before everyone else knew

I always try to be a good role model. In this case I was a good role model of what not to do.

Darn, somebody finally figured out what I was really doing. Now that I know how to get it off, I'm considering marketing it as "Face Paint for Blacked Out Blinds"

You haven't seen me in a while if you haven't seen my gray hair. Sandy was sorta walking on egg shells until she found out I was ok and wasn't upset. Then she asked, "where's the camera? I've got to get a picture of this!".

I need to go find it. Sandy threw it away before I got cleaned up and I haven't located it yet.

Ed
              I thought Oscar went to Africa?

Comment

I will laugh for a long time at your expense. That is just funny, no matter how you coat it. thanks for posting this up for us.

Comment

Glad you weren't hurt but it is pretty funny.

Comment

Here's the LDP's of the can!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0141.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	23848809

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	23848810

Comment

Ed, sorry to laugh at your expense.....but thats pretty dang funny right there. My prefered method of expending pressurized aerosol cans is with a .22 rifle, or at least a BB gun. Thanks again for the laugh....

Comment

Here's the LDP's of the can!
                        Can't help but notice how little paint there is on the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          Can't help but notice how little paint there is on the ground!
                          and it was an almost full can of paint!

Comment

Ed
                            Let's not get carried away now.

Yer a good sport Ed, thanks for the laughs.

Comment

Thanks for the laugh. Glad your ok.

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X