• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AggieArcher View Post
    A typical mock trail for Bullet and I goes like this:

Me: "Bullet, wanna go hunt??"

Bullet:"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pull out his tracking collar

Bullet: "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

set him down by the truck and walk in the general direction of where the trail starts and its all over, he gone!

He's 16 weeks right now

That is awesome. Thank you. Easy command for me to use, and totally diff sound/command then find Aubrey. Grinding up some frozen deer meat for a friend tomorrow so will finally have some blood and enough obedience and bonding down to where I feel confident enough to run a line for the first time. First hunting breed I have ever had. Been mutts and guard breeds. Shepards and doby's. This is way more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
      Getting warmed up to our new tracking dog. He's already got a few tracks under his belt.
      Good looking dog RG!

How old is he?

Comment

Glad I ran across this thread, I have a year old bloodhound that didnt make it as a hogdog so was wanting to attempt to make him a blood trail dog. A ton of good advice here (just read 6 pages of comments lol) and great looking dogs...My issue is I work out of town and I am gone more than I am home. Does anyone know of a trainer in the East Texas area (near Tyler) that trains blood trail dogs???

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
          Good looking dog RG!

How old is he?
          Just turned 3.... I'm happy with him and I think he'll be a good replacement for Cowboy.

Comment

Getting warmed up to our new tracking dog. He's already got a few tracks under his belt.

Just turned 3.... I'm happy with him and I think he'll be a good replacement for Cowboy.
            Looks like some of the neighbors bloodlines!! . Did he come from down the road? He looks like the real deal.

Comment

We're officially blood trackers!

Bullet found his first hog today!!

Comment

We're officially blood trackers!

Bullet found his first hog today!!
                Bullet & Tyler first on the board for the 2014-15 season.

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks James! He found a friends hog this morning, now is sitting with me in the ground blind waiting on a blackbuck doe to hopefully come in. Fingers crossed for track number 2 tonight!

Comment

Thanks James! He found a friends hog this morning, now is sitting with me in the ground blind waiting on a blackbuck doe to hopefully come in. Fingers crossed for track number 2 tonight!
                    Tyler I have went back to that LDP you posted several times and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Congrats to you two again, and best of luck this evening!

Comment

Wait til Gumbo finds you one and watch how excited you get then! This is almost better than shooting the animal!

Comment

Wait til Gumbo finds you one and watch how excited you get then! This is almost better than shooting the animal!
                        I don't doubt that for one second.....

Comment

BOOM LDP #2

Bullet just connected on his second ever track

Hog ran 300 yards before dying! This dog is the best

Comment

That's awesome congrats !

Comment

One last LDP because I'm so freakin pumped right now

Comment

Congrats bullet. Good way to prep for the up coming season.

Comment

Working...
                                X