No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you post again J! Glad to hear y'all are getting some good tracks and congrats.

Only way I can post pics is to email them to myself and resize them that way then load them onto TBH. Click on the little picture frame looking thing and you can load it. Took me a long time to figure it out!!

Comment

Thanks blood trailer, looks like you got a good thing going in Alice. Tracking in the brush is good stuff. I didn't harvest/guide near as many deer last year. Despite the few numbers dimmit had some great tracks last year just too busy to figure out the picture posting part with my phone. Might throw a splice app movie together with older tracks that are taking up phone memory.

Congrats to all the successful tracks this season in post above

Comment

Any one in need of a blood hound? breeder or working dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1544065215832.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	24563953

Name:	FB_IMG_1544233956940.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24563954

I know he's not a typical tracking breed but I've been working with him all summer and he now has 2 tracks under is belt. he's 11 months old.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
            Few tracks this week. Good bay yesterday morning on a doe. Spike last night. Finished it out tonight with an awesome bay on a nice ten point tonight. Phone ran out storage half way through so didn't catch the close up action but got him finished none the less. Can't figure out how to post photos since photobucket pulled their free stuff, what are yal using to post photos?

Congrats on the awesome tracks man, dimmit is a seasoned dog with lots of experience and recoveries under his belt...

Keep up the good work Ethan..

Comment

Scout made short work of this one last night...

Congrats to accuracyinc on his biggest bow buck to date!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone use some other scent than deer blood to train them? What do you use? Or does that hurt the training?

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                  Does anyone use some other scent than deer blood to train them? What do you use? Or does that hurt the training?

I can’t answer your question, but I’ve read this thread a couple times and a few folks talk about this. Read through it, it’s full of info

Comment

Blood is the best way I know, they will pick up the other scents on real tracks in field. intetdigital glad between hoofs, gut smells Ect. I always keep some deer legs frozen for off season so that deer glad smell semi fresh on their mind. Got a new lacy pup this past year and trying to get her on as many tracks as possible and around as many deer as possible. My older dog gets aggressive towards her when deer are found so juggling that but she coming along.

Comment

New lacy pup Daisy 11 months old and Dimmit my old lacy dog with some good team work on a Cull buck the end of last month. Not her first live bay, but she found out what antlers are in this track.

Video below:

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cVIu-vGyoQ"]South Texas deer dogs baying Karnes County - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Last edited by BrokenJ; 02-06-2019, 12:29 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

There are some different ways of thinking. Some think you shouldnt start with blood or use blood at all. I started mine on blood, but use just hide or just a leg. I have also used the dogbone scent as well. I try to introduce different scents for my dog to follow. Sometimes there will be blood others no. So I use different pieces and scents of deer. I want my dog to follow that deer wether it is blood or other scents from the deer.

Comment

Bagley and I are getting old and fat.
                            We only took two calls from folks I didn't know.
                            She did track everything I shot (7 deer 4 hogs) and a couple for folks on my lease.

The best was a doe I shot at with a open sighted muzzle loader.

After the shot I was sure I must have missed. No blood, No hair and no sign of the deer.
                            Normally my .69 caliber rifle dumps them on their nose.

I put Bagley in the area the deer was standing at the shot and we made a half circle before she hit the track. She headed out wagging her atil and grunting so I knew she was on it.
                            Some how that doe made it 150 yards with her lungs busted up.

With out my dog I would have never found that deer as I didn't have a clue which way it had even ran.
                            225 grains of FF black powder makes a heck of a cloud.

Name:	IMG_2655.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	24570748

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	24570749

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	24570750

Name:	IMG_2797.jpg
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	24570751

Comment

Rudy has been doing great. Wish we could post videos. But here are some things I use when training. When he comes home he is completely useless. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                                Does anyone know of a place that sells started/finished blood dogs?
                                I don't see much online like you would for duck dogs or hog dogs. I have trained many duck dogs and just got to watch my first blood dog in action the past week and I'm hooked. I love a good working dog. Thanks!
                                Abcantra out of louisiana just posted a male Catahoula for sale that is trained in tracking.

Comment

Working...
                                X