No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow brokenJ what a big buck.. good job bro..

Comment

Awesome J! Heck of a buck and good job on finding him.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Thanks guys and gal. Correction he's isn't best to date, my mistake.close but 4 inches shy I looked in pictures and forgot about a previous track.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
              Thanks guys and gal. Correction he's isn't be

st to date, my mistake.close but 4 inches shy I looked in pictures and forgot about a previous track.
              Still a darn good buck

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                Tracked and bayed our best to date. Buck spooked as arrow was released 3 blade 100 grain muzzy hit back all gut. Picked up hunter and gave the buck all the time I could, being the group had a flight time to make. I dropped dimmit 4 hours and 15 min after shot. The buck was bedded up and bayed there at 341 yards. 357 mag sealed the deal. Buck scored 152 1/8.
                Thanks for the details! Hit location, elapsed time, distance, etc. Love that stuff!

Comment

Bow hit was below dogs chest in pic, exit was between his rear legs in front of his plumbing. Guess it deflected off a rib. We piled up the grass to hide the mess

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	24482928
                    Pretty cool track I would say this was our first official track that someone needed the dog to track she has been on quite a few 100 yard lung and heart shot. That we know aren't far and are Dead This deer was hit way back there was only some little bit of liver blood on impact and no other blood to be found they had looked for a llittle while before we got there . I dropped remi and she was right on the track she stopped looked at my gps she was Allitle under 100 yards away and said she is on him and we eased in slowly the deer was still dying but when we got up there it's eyes glazed back and we had a dead deer pretty neat

Comment

[QUOTE=Msgreenga;12180130]Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	24482928
                      Pretty cool track I would say this was our first official track that someone needed the dog to track she has been on quite a few 100 yard lung and heart shot. That we know aren't far and are Dead This deer was hit way back there was only some little bit of liver blood on impact and no other blood to be found they had looked for a llittle while before we got there . I dropped remi and she was right on the track she stopped looked at my gps she was Allitle under 100 yards away and said she is on him and we eased in slowly the deer was still dying but when we got up there it's eyes glazed back and we had a dead deer pretty neat[/QUOTE

Awesome, and hoping for many many more successful track for you and Remi

Where did you guys track this buck?

Comment

Congrats to you and Remi!

Comment

Originally posted by Msgreenga View Post
                          [ATTACH]839709[/ATTACH]

Pretty cool track I would say this was our first official track that someone needed the dog to track she has been on quite a few 100 yard lung and heart shot. That we know aren't far and are Dead This deer was hit way back there was only some little bit of liver blood on impact and no other blood to be found they had looked for a llittle while before we got there . I dropped remi and she was right on the track she stopped looked at my gps she was Allitle under 100 yards away and said she is on him and we eased in slowly the deer was still dying but when we got up there it's eyes glazed back and we had a dead deer pretty neat

I want to give a shout out to Kyle and his young dog Remi. They came down to our low fence ranch in south Texas this weekend to help us shoot some of our MLD doe tags and management bucks. Remi did great on all of the doe tracks and handled herself like a veteran. The buck was shot right thru the gut and only had small amount of blood at impact. We searched but found no blood anywhere else. Remi was put at the spot of blood and found him in no time at all. We all high fived and praised her for doing such a great job. I can honestly say we probably wouldn't have found this buck until maybe the next morning after the coyotes would have tore him up. If any one needs help I feel confident Kyle and Remi can find your deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good job Remi. pretty pup you got there

Comment

You may have already amswered this. Does Remi got some Plot Hound in there somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                                You may have already amswered this. Does Remi got some Plot Hound in there somewhere?
                                The gentlemen I got her from said the dad is red lacy and the mom is plott hound. Looking ar pics on the Internet she almost looks like solid plott hound can't really see the lacy in her

Comment

Working...
                                X